MSDroid beta testing through Google Play - testers please?

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Nigep
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: MSDroid beta testing through Google Play - testers pleas

Post by Nigep »

2swe wrote:
julian944 wrote:
2swe wrote:
I've tried both 2.1a4 and 2.1a5, but still no luck.
am I doing something wrong ? is there an internet connectin needed during initialization ?

MS1 hr10

thanks for any input.
I'm using it with MS3, here you need an internet connection for getting the right ini file. You don't need to do anything manually.

Regards Julian
uninstaled, deleted MSDroid folder, instaled 2.1a5, brought WIFI signal to garage :D still nothing...
it reads the signature, then initializes project....but today I checked Status Page, and here's what I found...

I'm not sure ,but it looks like MSDroid does not recognize signature or ecu version.
please help.
You connecting via USB ?

If Bluetooth, I change the connection option to only Bluetooth. That might help ?
2swe
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 2swe »

I use USB, cable and usb-serial adaptor works well with MSDroid 1.1 or megatune..
I tried msns-extra.ini, the same file worked with msdroid 1.1 MT or TS... still nothing :(
1978 vw golf gti 16v itb cop full sequential MS2
1992 vw corrado 16v moonlight blue MS2
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

There's some serial rate setting and other options under coms which apply to the older ECUs. Don't know anything about them except they are for older ECU's
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Welp, I'm done testing.

When some simple answers (like, what's up with the file system/dropbox) so I can get my darned INI in there, so I can even DO more testing to see why some things aren't logging... perhaps I'll pick it back up. But for the past 3-4 weeks, MSDroid has been a consistent fail at everything I've done with it, if I can even get it to connect. The barest HINT of feedback would really help - if I could get it to RUN I would do some useful troubleshooting.

Please make an announcement when the forums will be monitored again. I would be interested in working with the project when it's active.

ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

I finally got the update to 2.1a5? and so far so good. I've tried to upload a different msq file to make changes and when I select "load tune" and click on it, nothing happens. I never tried this with MsDroid 1.1r. Is there some way to load a msq and see if it got sent to the controller and burnt?

Thanks Ryan
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
Meguiars
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Meguiars »

Hi im looking for th e 2.1a5.apk file myself, anyone got a link? or can email me the file? Thanx
dragbug
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dragbug »

ol boy wrote:I finally got the update to 2.1a5? and so far so good. I've tried to upload a different msq file to make changes and when I select "load tune" and click on it, nothing happens. I never tried this with MsDroid 1.1r. Is there some way to load a msq and see if it got sent to the controller and burnt?

Thanks Ryan
If you are trying to use another msq file in MSDroid, you need to rename it to main.msq. That sems to be the only way MSDroid will use it.
1966 Mustang Fastback
302 HO,Trick Flow TW 170 heads, Headers/dumps, MS3
dragbug
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dragbug »

AbeFM wrote:Welp, I'm done testing.

When some simple answers (like, what's up with the file system/dropbox) so I can get my darned INI in there, so I can even DO more testing to see why some things aren't logging... perhaps I'll pick it back up. But for the past 3-4 weeks, MSDroid has been a consistent fail at everything I've done with it, if I can even get it to connect. The barest HINT of feedback would really help - if I could get it to RUN I would do some useful troubleshooting.

Please make an announcement when the forums will be monitored again. I would be interested in working with the project when it's active.
Trevor has been quiet since the last release but he popped on Facebook last night to say he has been really busy at work. This is not his main job, he has a real life outside of MSDroid. He said he is going to try and respond to everything this weekend. So give the guy a break and hang in there.
1966 Mustang Fastback
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

dragbug wrote:
Trevor has been quiet since the last release but he popped on Facebook last night to say he has been really busy at work. This is not his main job, he has a real life outside of MSDroid. He said he is going to try and respond to everything this weekend. So give the guy a break and hang in there.
That probably came off as more rude than I was intending - and I'm sorry for it!

I'm a little frustrated that I'm having issues with MS in the first place(otherwise, why would I be logging), and then when I go to track down one of those, I find that I'm spending an additional 5 or 10 minutes trying to get MSDroid going when I was supposed to be meeting friends or making an appointment. The past few releases have broken things for me, and it's been 4 weeks since there's been a pip.

It's a case of a small job getting bigger cause you put it off until there's time to deal with it - but dropping in once a week even to say "I'll get back to you later" would be helpful. I try to avoid emailing Trevor because I assume my experiences help other users, and this way it's all in one place for him. Many of the answers (like this main.msq thing! Thanks dragbug!) are simple, but just need to be said out loud.

Anyway, I literally cannot use MSDroid till I figure out how to make it take my .ini file.

dragbug
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dragbug »

AbeFM wrote:
dragbug wrote:
That probably came off as more rude than I was intending - and I'm sorry for it!

I'm a little frustrated that I'm having issues with MS in the first place(otherwise, why would I be logging), and then when I go to track down one of those, I find that I'm spending an additional 5 or 10 minutes trying to get MSDroid going when I was supposed to be meeting friends or making an appointment. The past few releases have broken things for me, and it's been 4 weeks since there's been a pip.

It's a case of a small job getting bigger cause you put it off until there's time to deal with it - but dropping in once a week even to say "I'll get back to you later" would be helpful. I try to avoid emailing Trevor because I assume my experiences help other users, and this way it's all in one place for him. Many of the answers (like this main.msq thing! Thanks dragbug!) are simple, but just need to be said out loud.

Anyway, I literally cannot use MSDroid till I figure out how to make it take my .ini file.
I did mention how to get it to take your ini file. You have to pull the ini specific for your MS and firmware and drop it into the ini folder on MSDroid. I didn't have to do that until the most recent firmware update for MS3. But I just took the ini file from the firmware zip and dropped it into the ini folder on MSDroid and I took the msq file I was using with that firmware (I used a laptop to tune with), renamed it main.msq and dropped it into the specific project folder I had on MSDroid. It loads everything just fine.

Yes there are issues and he is aware but like I said, MSDroid is not his money making career. He does this when he can. He doesn't get paid for it AND it is an alpha software so problems are to be expected. He is but one man trying to make a program that will eventually benefit people that want to use a cheap tablet to tune their vehicle with. Trust me, I want this working perfectly as soon as can be too because I hate hauling a big ass laptop out to the garage. Just remember, he doesn't get paid for this and its alpha software. Keep those in mind and you should be able to relax a bit :)
1966 Mustang Fastback
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

I've an idea/suggestion then: Put the main/stock .ini folder out of dropbox if you want (though it's only 15 MB), but have a dropbox accessible folder for:

ini
log files
msq's

I'm sure the later two are in the works, but with that you'd never need "power user" tools like a file manager or to hook up your phone to the computer.

I'll assume this'll work and go see if speedo registers at all now - though I don't have any trips planned. :-)

dragbug
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dragbug »

I am sure once he gets the important pieces working, he will focus on things like Dropbox and other non essential stuff.

I posted some of the problems I have run into on his facebook page and there have been a few other people posting on there as well. Not sure if you have read through some of the posts or not. Might be worth checking out if you have not already.
1966 Mustang Fastback
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Huh. Totally haven't seen it - but that way my point - it's good to have one repository. I keep getting comments which were circulating in various emails - all these splits means limited resources are being wasted tracking independant conversations on the whole topic.

My gut feeling is keep it all here, and have threads - this one is fill with support issues as well as feature suggestions and issues which pertain only to the alpha-sign-up process.

Anyway, I'm sitting tight. I'd like to know what's the preferred method of contact so when I figure out what's up with VSS1 not logging I can share it. Probably model after the MS forums as a whole - a separate section for alpha development and break off issues into independent threads - one about logging, one about broken ini loading, one about google testing not working, etc.

dragbug
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dragbug »

AbeFM wrote:Huh. Totally haven't seen it - but that way my point - it's good to have one repository. I keep getting comments which were circulating in various emails - all these splits means limited resources are being wasted tracking independant conversations on the whole topic.

My gut feeling is keep it all here, and have threads - this one is fill with support issues as well as feature suggestions and issues which pertain only to the alpha-sign-up process.

Anyway, I'm sitting tight. I'd like to know what's the preferred method of contact so when I figure out what's up with VSS1 not logging I can share it. Probably model after the MS forums as a whole - a separate section for alpha development and break off issues into independent threads - one about logging, one about broken ini loading, one about google testing not working, etc.
Here is the link to MSDroid on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MSDroid- ... 5652456190
1966 Mustang Fastback
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Thanks for the heads up on the main.msq. I had the thought of saving over the stored msq to see if it would recognize the difference in loaded tune and expected tune.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

Hello,

I admit the latest updates and issues have been announced on the Facebook page while I've neglected this forum. I'll change that now and ensure discussions and announcements are centralised here, as I agree it's a pain trying to follow discussions in several places.

All of the issues raised are acknowledged and nobody is being ignored. I was hoping to spend a few hours responding to forum posts and emails today but things didn't go that way, sorry. The best way to contact me is (from now going forward) either on here or via the msdroidapp@gmail.com address. If we don't reply to an email straight away be assured any issues are entered into a tracker immediately so the bug / problem will eventually be looked at. Thanks for everyone's messages and feedback.

During the coming week 2.1a6 will be released. Alpha testers subscribed via Google Play will get that, and I'll stick the .apk on the server for manual install if needed. I'll announce it on here when it is available.

Trev
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Awesome, Trev! Glad to hear it.

I'll try to keep stuff on here in the future!

ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

I was playing with my idle stuff today and moved my throttle valve which requires recalibration of the tps. Msdroid was able to find the min and max values but had no way to burn those new values. I also found that I could not adjust the initial duty numbers for idle. Tried grabbing the whole table and just a single cell with no up or down change in the values.

I'm playing with MAF now. Is there a better way to show the MAF curve? There is no way to tweak that curve as it is now. Could we pick a location and view its value then have a way to insert a new vale from the key board? Some adjustment are of the 0.05 amplitude. Thanks. Ryan
rx7_ben
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by rx7_ben »

Is GPS logging still broken? I can't get it to work. GPS is definitely enabled in every capacity. This is on a Galaxy s3 with MSdroid 2.1a5 Ms2 with msextra 3.2.1.
I had GPS logging working on a release version over 12 months ago but soon after it became broken and nobody would supply the old .apk.

Over 12 months has passed and the same event I needed it for last year is coming this weekend and still no joy. What gives.
AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

When I run MSDroid, I get the little location services notification on android - it's the google maps "pin". Nothing else happens, and it doesn't go away until I task kill MSDroid.

I don't know if it eats into battery - it's not quite the same thing as the GPS icon - but I use task kill to manual "exit" the program.