MSLogger 4.2.3 released

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

scudderfish
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MSLogger 4.2.3 released

Post by scudderfish »

Just a small bug fix release to cover a potential error in loading the pages of tables from MS2Extra ECUs. Let us know of any problems please. If you installed from Google Play it should update automatically. If you are using a device that doesn't have access to Google Play, then you can get the APK file here https://github.com/scudderfish/MSLoggerBase/downloads

Regards,
Dave

P.S. The tuning dialogs stuff is still work in progress, look out for MSLogger 5.0 for that.
MSDroid More than just a dashboard.

Do you like the application? Make a donation to Cancer Research UK on our behalf http://www.justgiving.com/MSDroid/
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: MSLogger 4.2.3 released

Post by 93white3400z »

Thanks to gslender for finding that and even submitting the fix :) If you had problem connecting with MSLogger and MS2 Extra, good chance this will fix your issue. Other MS version shouldn't notice any difference.
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
3400 Turbocharged Inter-cooled
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

It actually seems to have helped disconnecting//reconnecting to my MS3 for some reason.

I still have occasional lockups/disconnects, it may has something to do with the GPS going online/offline occasionally,
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

Is there any way for the user to change the gauge limits?
I run 18-20:1 at cruise, and my "normal" CHT on an aircooled motor is much higher than on any steamer.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

In the menu, click on Enable Gauge editing and double tap on the gauge you want to edit :)
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

93white3400z wrote:In the menu, click on Enable Gauge editing and double tap on the gauge you want to edit :)
Tried that.
It appears like one can only change the displayed gauge there, not edit the warning/alarm limits or the gauges range.
I'll play with it some more.

The disconnect/reconnect works well now.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

Figured it out, have to use it in portrait mode due to screen size or you can't see the scrolling entriy to tap it.
12lbchevelle
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 12lbchevelle »

Is there an official place to make suggestions for MSLogger? I've been using it everyday as a replacement to a ton of traditional gauges and think I have a couple of things that would be beneficial.

The biggest thing right now is being able to turn off the auto screen rotate, when I hit a bump or if the phone mount vibrates sometimes the screen will flip horizontal/vertical, etc.
MS3 3.8L Buick Turbo V6 -- 1968 Chevelle
MS3 2.4L Honda K24 -- 1991 Toyota MR2
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

12lbchevelle wrote:Is there an official place to make suggestions for MSLogger? I've been using it everyday as a replacement to a ton of traditional gauges and think I have a couple of things that would be beneficial.

The biggest thing right now is being able to turn off the auto screen rotate, when I hit a bump or if the phone mount vibrates sometimes the screen will flip horizontal/vertical, etc.
Just go ahead in this thread and we will respond :) I already like your idea of disabling screen rotate. I'm pretty sure it can be done so I will look into making that happen for sure!
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

Ability to setup/start/stop and (bigee) download MS3 sdcard logs.
Logging configuration and DL are ~essential, start/stop admittedly can (and really should) be done with an old fashioned meatspace switch.
(although big logs will be painful, there's no need to sdlog at >200hz all the time)

DL would be my #1 priority. Config #2. (of this feature subset)

I'm getting random lockups with mslogger, but it's probably the old phones chips getting a workout.
Would it be difficult to get some sort of background "log only/no live graphics" option?
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

12lbchevelle, done for the next version :)

MS3 v3.57+MS3X
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

piledriver, the problem with the MS3 sdcard log reader is that I need the documentation from the devs. I'm having a hard time getting that but we will see :)
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
12lbchevelle
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 12lbchevelle »

Thanks for the anti rotate feature!

Love the app, works everytime I get in the car. :yeah!:
MS3 3.8L Buick Turbo V6 -- 1968 Chevelle
MS3 2.4L Honda K24 -- 1991 Toyota MR2
1uz_nissan
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 1uz_nissan »

I'm getting a popup window for MAP sensor on startup. When I click ok, it just pops up again. Other MS programs connect, and I'm using the EFI Analytics recommended bluetooth adapter.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

1uz_nissan wrote:I'm getting a popup window for MAP sensor on startup. When I click ok, it just pops up again. Other MS programs connect, and I'm using the EFI Analytics recommended bluetooth adapter.
The first time you bring it up, You need to set it to something.
(a scrolling menu should pop up), also for other items like O2 sensor type (example)
Depending on how you are clicking it you may just be closing it.
1uz_nissan
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 1uz_nissan »

The window does not scroll, and nothing in MSLogger can be selected, except the "ok" button. When I click that, if falls back to another window that states it trying to identify the ecu, for about .2 seconds. Then the "ok window opens right back up. I've also tried uninstalling, and reinstaling with no luck.
1uz_nissan
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 1uz_nissan »

Alright.. User error.

I've been using a tablet. Once I tried to connect with my phone, I noticed a menu option on that map window. The tablet does not make this apparent. MAP is not distinguishable as a selectable option. However, by clicking on the word "MAP", I get presented with a few options. From there, things were easy enough, and it is now working properly for me.
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Paul_VR6 »

Got it working on the bench with my lenova tab on a quick ms2 setup on the bench. Nice work! I would love to see more display options but beggars cant be choosers.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

Paul_VR6 wrote:Got it working on the bench with my lenova tab on a quick ms2 setup on the bench. Nice work! I would love to see more display options but beggars cant be choosers.
We might be working on more display options and tuning feature **hint** **hint** :P
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

I think there may be an issue with editing gauges on MSLogger that occurs on my HTC One X (ICS). I've sent a report anyhow which will hopefully help you guys out but I think the pattern is basically: (a) if not connected, then attempting to enable gauge editing doesn't cause a crash, but long press / double tap does not appear to bring up any dialogue for editing a gauge; (b) if it is connected, then trying to enable gauge editing causes a force close.

Just one other quick thing you might want to add an inter-write delay option for MS2. I think this won't be a problem once the new MS2 software comes out with the inter-write delay requirement solved, but at the moment with my current MS2 version (2.905 or something I think), MSLogger tries to do something in the order of 15 reads per second which immediately causes my MS2 to throw the toys out of the pram. I've got an option on msDroid to allow manual or automatic selection of this; the automatic selection basically sets the inter-write delay to about 25ms IIRC because I had to stretch it out that far to get a reasonable chance of the bytes being spaced at the other end.

(Detected and behaves fantastic with MS3.)

Cheers

Trev
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android