Program progress

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

aut0m4tic1
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Program progress

Post by aut0m4tic1 »

You guys are awesome! This just keeps getting better. AE is a great addition. Love the ability to "play" back a log file.
Keep up the good work. If you need any help testing just say the word.
Cory
Last edited by aut0m4tic1 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobtooke
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Program progreas

Post by bobtooke »

I see the issue regarding the table crash has been fixed :) this is getting better and better.
Top job!

I've an issue with the MAP gauge though -MSDroid seems to divide the MAP reading by two (ie 50kpa when it should be 100kpa).
I've checked the sensor type is set up correctly with the default sensor in ECU settings but still getting duff MAP readings.
Is it me or a bug?
Bob
Are you sure thats big enough to sit in?
MG Midget 1500 EFI 5 speed
Running MSExtra 029y4 on MS1 V2.2
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

That's awesome feedback!

aut0m4tic1, I did both the AE and play back of log file so I'm glad you like them :) Play back is still very very basic and a bit primitive still but we will improve it a lot more soon. I just wanted to get it in there to see if I/users would like it and I definitely do so now I want us to improve it! We have moving pretty fast these days and I hope it will stay like that for a while. We always need help with testing and also designing gauges and stuff. If you're familiar with inkscape and/or svg, you can definitely help us with that!

bobtooke, yup, fixing crashes is definitely top priority (especially when they are trivial to fix). Which MAP sensor do you have ? The regular 2.5BAR one ? It's possible there is an issue with the ECU settings with the MAP somehow. I will have to take a look but if you can that question, it would sure help.

Thank you for the feedback guys and please keep it coming (good or bad!) :)
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
3400 Turbocharged Inter-cooled
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
aut0m4tic1
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by aut0m4tic1 »

I found a bug in the non-linear MAT correction. I am using the MS2Extra SerialGS28 ecu definition, and its in the "Advanced Engine" tab
I can adjust the temperature but I cannot adjust the percent enrichment. There is only an X axis but no Y axis. I did manage to change the % number once but i couldn't figure out how i did it and couldn't change it back without the PC.

Thanks again
Cory
bobtooke
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by bobtooke »

Just checked the MAP sensor - I'm using the stock V2.2 sensor MXP4250 and thats what I set in the MSDroid ECU settings.
Is there any other settings I need to change?
Is there anyone else running a MS1 Extra that can check this out?
bobtooke
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by bobtooke »

Just hooked up and tried it this morning and its reading ok.
I've changed nothing since yesterday... very odd.
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

bobtooke wrote:Just hooked up and tried it this morning and its reading ok.
I've changed nothing since yesterday... very odd.
Here is what I assume happened: when you change an ECU settings, you actually have to restart the app for it to takes effect. This is really not intuitive and the project will be automatically reloaded when an ECU settings is changed in a future release. We had to do some code changes for other stuff that will make this much easier to do. There is a LOT happening behind the scene to make the app easier to maintain and of better quality so that will be part of it.

In other words, you shouldn't have that problem ever again now that your MAP is set properly but other users will. It will get fixed tho :)

Anyway, thank you for mentioning, I just bumped that issue a notch or two in our priority list :)
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Program progress

Post by 93white3400z »

aut0m4tic1, I do see a few weirdness with some MS3 curves also so it could be related. I will investigate more. Thank you for mentioning!
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
AdamR
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AdamR »

I have an issue with converting the log files to be emailed. It takes a moment, but if I let the screen shut of while converting, it just stops and I have to start it over again. Also, how do I get GPS data in the logs?
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

AdamR wrote:I have an issue with converting the log files to be emailed. It takes a moment, but if I let the screen shut of while converting, it just stops and I have to start it over again. Also, how do I get GPS data in the logs?
Which version of MSDroid are you running ? If you're running anything older than 0.3a2, I can see this happening but the new version use a background task that shouldn't get canceled by a device sleep.

About GPS data, we will need Trev to answer that one :)
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
AdamR
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AdamR »

93white3400z wrote:
AdamR wrote:I have an issue with converting the log files to be emailed. It takes a moment, but if I let the screen shut of while converting, it just stops and I have to start it over again. Also, how do I get GPS data in the logs?
Which version of MSDroid are you running ? If you're running anything older than 0.3a2, I can see this happening but the new version use a background task that shouldn't get canceled by a device sleep.

About GPS data, we will need Trev to answer that one :)
I am using 0.3a2. I have a Motorola Atrix HD with 4.1.2
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

The GPS longitute, latitude and speed (currently in metres per second, which needs to be fixed) should be presented as columns when you export to MSL. If you don't see them, then we'll get that fixed.
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

AdamR
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AdamR »

Trev16v wrote:The GPS longitute, latitude and speed (currently in metres per second, which needs to be fixed) should be presented as columns when you export to MSL. If you don't see them, then we'll get that fixed.
I haven't looked too closely, I just noticed that every time I view a log in the app, it says there is no GPS data in it.