CAN passthrough

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

CAN passthrough

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I don't know if any of the developers has a CAN connected device but at the moment I don't see a way to communicate with it in MSDroid. The problem is that the serial device is identified and that's what MSDroid communicates with. If I have a CAN device there is no way to tell MSDroid to that this is not the ini to use.

And with the new serial protocol on MS3 and MS2/Extra alpha, there's the additional complexity of having a CAN device which may not be compatible with the new serial protocol but there is still a need to use it because the serial device uses it. And the limitations such as the blocking factor are those of the serial device.

If that's something you want to implement and need to discuss it more, you can contact me and we can continue offline. Hopefully you won't be wishing I never got an Android device...

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: CAN passthrough

Post by 93white3400z »

Jean, I don't think Trev have a CAN device (Trev? :)) and Dave only have an MS1. I don't have a CAN device myself but I do have the other required test gear (MS2 and MS3, JimStim, etc.) and would like to make this happen!

It's funny because I was thinking yesterday that I should contact you to get a CAN device and talk to you about CAN communication to add support for that for MSDroid :) We can definitely get in touch. On pourra même faire ca en français, haha :) Je vais t'envoyer un email plus tard aujourd'hui (samedi) :)
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
3400 Turbocharged Inter-cooled
MS3 v3.57+MS3X
devojet
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by devojet »

Just thought I would post to let you know that I am interested in CAN passthrough. I have a MS2 for the engine and a GPIO running James's trans code for the gearbox. I have just received my Bluetooth dongle and will start having a play with MSdroid. I also have an LCDash as my gauges.

Cheers

Daniel.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
Twin turbo LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

Jean helped me a lot with understanding all of what is required to make CAN pass through happen so I should be able to add support for it in a couple releases of MSDroid. Connecting to a serial port of a CAN device should be possible in the next release also, if you drop the ini of that device in the ini folder of MSDroid.
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
3400 Turbocharged Inter-cooled
MS3 v3.57+MS3X