newbie question advance gauge problem

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

erik-V8NC
MS/Extra Newbie

newbie question advance gauge problem

Post by erik-V8NC »

Hi gents,
I am a fresh newbie with megasquirt software for android.
First time use today, connected ok to the ECU, I ve set all the parameters, and I have a correct reading of all the gauges, except for my spark advance gauge.
As you can see in the screen below, all the gauges have their graduations all around, except for tha advance gauge, which only shows 50
Apart from that, the numerical value shown is correct and the needle swipes around...
13640929166790.jpg
What can I do to make this gauge "normal" ?

Under shadow dash MS, the advance gauge works without any problem.

On another hand, when connecting to the ECU, it says loading the msns_extra.ini file, while as I am running a MS1 extra 029y4, I thought it was going to load the msns_extra.029y.ini file... what makes MSDROID choose the first file instead of the second one, and what's the difference ? Does it matter ?

Thank you all for your support

Best regards
Erik.
3.9 EFI LR DISCO 1, MS1 extra 029y4 with Edis, ignition only
New Caledonia
scudderfish
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: newbie question advance gauge problem

Post by scudderfish »

I've seen this myself. I'll try and have a look into it tonight/this week.

Regards,
Dave
MSDroid More than just a dashboard.

Do you like the application? Make a donation to Cancer Research UK on our behalf http://www.justgiving.com/MSDroid/
scudderfish
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by scudderfish »

Found it, fixed it, should be in a new release soon :) As for the INI question, both INI files claim the same signature, and it seems arbitrary as to which one gets used. My tablet uses msns_extra.ini, my phone 29y.ini. You can always just delete the msns_extra.ini file out of the msDroid/ini directory on your device and then it will definitely use the 29y.ini file.

Regards,
Dave
MSDroid More than just a dashboard.

Do you like the application? Make a donation to Cancer Research UK on our behalf http://www.justgiving.com/MSDroid/
erik-V8NC
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by erik-V8NC »

Hi Dave,

thanks for your answers.

I have found a temporary solution : in the gauge definition for the advance gauge in the msns_extra.ini, by default, the min is set to 50 and the max is set to -10.
So I believe the MSDroid gauge might have a problem with the min being greater than the max maybe ?

I tried changing the min to -10 and the max to 50.
Restarted, and gauge displays now fine, from -10 to 50 clockwise, but this requires modifing the ini.

Can't wait for the next release.

Thanks for your explanation about the ini choice question also.

Many thanks for your support and long live MSDroid :)

Cheers from south pacific.
Erik.
3.9 EFI LR DISCO 1, MS1 extra 029y4 with Edis, ignition only
New Caledonia
93white3400z
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93white3400z »

erik-V8NC wrote:I have found a temporary solution : in the gauge definition for the advance gauge in the msns_extra.ini, by default, the min is set to 50 and the max is set to -10.
So I believe the MSDroid gauge might have a problem with the min being greater than the max maybe ?

I tried changing the min to -10 and the max to 50.
Restarted, and gauge displays now fine, from -10 to 50 clockwise, but this requires modifing the ini.
Exactly, that's the fix Dave did, MSDroid now swap the value around if min > max so it will work with the released ini now. I don't think there is any better way to do this, it's just an bug with the ini, I would assume TS/ShadowDash do something similar :)
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
3400 Turbocharged Inter-cooled
MS3 v3.57+MS3X