MSDroid beta testing through Google Play - testers please?

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MSDroid beta testing through Google Play - testers pleas

Post by AbeFM »

Also the "start logging" (and as best I can tell, "stop logging") buttons don't work anymore.

I'd like to be able to adjust the generic IO (cooling fans and variable intake both use them), LOAD TUNES, and recently I've had issues with some files not coming across in DropBox. I'll get a 0 kb file, presumably it's the phone switching connection type during the upload, but it never gets completed.

These days, pulling into the garage, getting my tune and log off, editing, and putting them back on (My ONLY choice since add 10% or putting in 5 degrees takes literally 50+ button pushes) takes 10-15 minutes just dinking around getting cables and manually saving things - let alone saving a tune then figuring out how to get it back into MSDroid again so I can put it on the car.

Is there any hope for any of these issues getting looked at in the next month? Without being able to tune, there's no much use. Found some bugs in the graphs and gauges, but who cares when I can't log or make the car run right?
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

AbeFM wrote:As mentioned before, whenever I load a tune (admittedly, this tune was exported from MSDroid then modded in MegaLogViewer), I get this error:

If I just load tune a second time, it seems to work. I'm not sure where the fault lies, but it might be something to dig into.
I have fully understood and fixed this issue this morning. I plan to do another release within the next day or so with that fix and anything else I can squeeze in.

Regarding your frustration over editing (VE) tables, I thought I had that reasonably well nailed, with the ability provided to perform numeric entry if you need to change the value greatly. I appreciate we've chewed over this one lots before, but what would improve this? Should I reintroduce the x10 keys?
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Yes yes yes!!!! (That's for reintroducing keys for scaling).

Yes yes yes!!! (that's for figuring out - let alone fixing - the issue with the loading).

A quick fix would be a +/- 1 key to live by the +/- 0.1 key. But a much better fix would be a "+" button, a "x" button, and a value entry of some sort. Try it. Add 30% across the bottom 6 rows of the table, then subtract 17.9 from the rightmost 3 columns.

Count how many times you clicked the screen to do it. When it starts being 10 and stops being 250, it's fixed. :-)

The last fix is on getting tunes on and off easily - this could be as easy as storing something akin to "current tune" in the logs folder on dropbox, and importing new ones so you can read them back from there.

That would make the program highly useful again. There are a couple other weird bugs (stuff not showing up on MSDroid that does show up under TS - there are some screens of settings under tuning that are blank? The right number of options screens, but some blank) but basically loading, saving and adjusting tunes is what's missing. Minor stuff like the Start Logging not working isn't nearly as big a problem.

Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

I've just pushed 2.4r4 with the fix for MS3 tune loads.
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Trevor - what is the process for getting tunes on and off the phone? Is there a Dropbox folder in which to find our place tunes, or is it still a manual process to get it where macros can find it?

I'm test the uploading just as soon add the update pushes. Thanks for the quick fix and for the feedback that it's being looked at. :-)

AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Update seems to fix the problem. Loaded two tunes and it took both of them with no complaints, even from across the garage and without a proper power cycle between them! Just loaded tune into /tunes folder on phone with a file browser.

AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by AbeFM »

Feature suggestion:
I'd really like to see something with a circular buffer - so we can define some conditional logging and have it capture the XX seconds leading up to, and beyond, that. Something like (RPMdot > XXX for 2 seconds) OR (MAP > XXX) OR ....
Then I could "log" all the time without getting 45 minutes of me cruising at freeway speeds for what amounts to 20 seconds of logs I care about.

Lastly, my dropbox stuff isn't working right, perhaps it's full, but I don't know yet. Still looking at it. In general, the program (MSDroid) seems sensitive while first loading up - it's easy to make it crash by doing stuff until it's done connecting and verifying, etc. Kinda vague, I know.

That said, overall it's working well! I just wish I could get the logs to upload nicely - and keep a copy of the MSQ with it.