will MS3 1.2.4 work with MSdroid?

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

will MS3 1.2.4 work with MSdroid?

Post by Keithg »

I am running an antique version of MS3 and am considering updating a bit to a later version. Are there any restrictions as to which version of MS3 we can run?

KeithG
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: will MS3 1.2.4 work with MSdroid?

Post by Trev16v »

Hello Keith,

The current version on Play doesn't support the very latest versions of MS3 that have the [TunerStudio] part in the .ini file. We're really late doing an update for this because all efforts are on polishing off a major new release. Hopefully out on beta within a few weeks. In the meantime it is possible to make a latest MS3 .ini work by making a few simple modifications to it, which I can explain if you want to try this.

Cheers
Trev
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

Keithg
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Keithg »

A couple more questions... I have been using this for a few weeks, now. It is still a little rough and I understand that an new revision is in the works. I am still using my old firmware and have not yet updated that. I have been using the editing feature to tweak some of the settings.

How does msdroid determine engine temp for the temperature readout? I am using nonstandard (bosch) ntc sensors and have, previously, put the parameters into TS and loaded them on the MS3. Engine temp seems to read low in msDroid. I have not checked this against a thermometer/laptop, but it seems off. Is this possible?

I noticed that my my speed/gear calculation has, somehow, been changed. Previously, I put the wheel/gear parameters in TS and it always reported the correct gear and regulated boost accordingly (no full boost until gear >= 3). Sometime after I started using MSDroid, this began acting strange. I investigated it and all my values are still there, but I had to put a wildly inaccurate final drive in order for MS3 to correctly determine which gear i am in (i use vss/rpm for gear determination). With this inaccurate final drive value, gear is displayed correctly and boost is regulated appropriately. What I do not understand is how this could happen and why this is so far off.

Keith
280~master
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 280~master »

I am using
MS3 release 1.2.4 20130907

how can I mod the ini files..