msdroid can't read what ecu that I have

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

msdroid can't read what ecu that I have

Post by electronic »

Finally changed baud rate to 11500 on the blue tooth and hooked it up to microsquirt v3........................msdroid couldn't figure out what ecu that I had............and another time I tried it said something about ini file. Anybody got this thing working at all?
62f100
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: msdroid can't read what ecu that I have

Post by 62f100 »

yes had it working till i upgraded to newer firmware. right now they are working hard to release next version & my understanding is version were using is done & without changing parts of the INI the newer firmware wont work. i havent played with changing INI,but if you post what firmware maybe someone can post modified INI. this is just what im understanding from reading & responses from trev.
62 f100,uni body,4.6 motor&updated chasis, ms2 micromodule
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

Yep - just to confirm working hard on cranking out the next release as we speak. It'll solve these issues. Bear with me :D
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

I am running 3.3.1 firmware, I haven't updated to latest 3.3.2 firmware yet. I don't think updating the firmware is going to solve msdroid issues. The only other option I have is with shadow dash........but from what I've read in the shadow dash section it's either been abandoned or lots a people having problems with it. I am not trying to spend money where it not need to be. Guess I am just going to keep on riding with a laptop strapped to my bike just to log it and tune it.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Which ECU type are you running at the moment? MS2, Microsquirt, Microsquirt Moduel, pnp...? I have posted some revised INI files to cure the MSDroid issues until the new release hits.

62F100.. Did you try the Micro Squirt Module INI for 3.3.2 yet? I haven't seen anyone saying it not working.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
62f100
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 62f100 »

sorry i havnt had time. tomorrow ive got to make some time. 3.3.1 the VEtable was not there. i could swear it was there at first but when i went back it wasnt. i have TS for my laptop so ive been using it to solve the problems ive been having tuning. tomorrow i will down load & report on 3.3.2 for micrco module that olboy posted.
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

ol boy wrote:Which ECU type are you running at the moment? MS2, Microsquirt, Microsquirt Moduel, pnp...? I have posted some revised INI files to cure the MSDroid issues until the new release hits.

62F100.. Did you try the Micro Squirt Module INI for 3.3.2 yet? I haven't seen anyone saying it not working.
Running a microsquirt v3 with 3.3.1 firmware for now, will probably update to 3.3.2 unless I can get msdroid to work with 3.3.1 and not 3.3.2 then I am fine with 3.3.1.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Oh. I haven't modded an INI file for the microsquirt v3 stuff yet.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
62f100
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 62f100 »

i downloaded the micro module ini for 3.3.2 that olboy posted & although i didnt comfirm every thing, i can change VEtable & guages seem correct. :yeah!: galaxy s3 phone used to confirm.
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

How do you mod an ini file?
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

I tried hooking the blue tooth up again today and it keeps giving me random results, one of them was this.
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

Then I decided to try shadowlogger...........it would connect to blue tooth for 5 seconds and then disconnect for few seconds and connect again. Then I disconnected blue tooth and connected it again and it showed this, but it didn't last long, was less than 3 seconds. Trying to figure out what the problem is, blue tooth or something else.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

If you can hold out until Monday I can do you a modded INI file for microsquirt v3.
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

ol boy wrote:If you can hold out until Monday I can do you a modded INI file for microsquirt v3.
I have nothing but time, I can live without it, but it would be nice to have. I am just amazed that microsquirt v3 right out of the box that has been around for a while isn't supported.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Its not that its not supported... I was only modding the INI files as people asked for them. Your the first with a microsquirt to need it. 62f100 and I both need the INI for the microsquirt module but my daily driver is a plain ms2. Know one has asked for a PNP..

I know its a pain in the butt, we will get you going though.

*** edit. I'll mod 3.3.2. I'll start a new thread and label it.
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

Hey go ahead and mod 3.3.2 instead of 3.3.1, I will just switch since it's a newer firmware, hopefully more people will be able to use it as well.

Thank you.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

posted 3.3.2 uS v3 ini please test.
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

Tried it but it didn't work.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

What did it do or not do?