dash layout resetting

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

99dohcneon
Helpful MS/Extra'er

dash layout resetting

Post by 99dohcneon »

I read of it being a bug that your gauge layout would reset after you disconnect from your ecu but it was a thread from last year. Still a issue?
98 neon Srt-4 swap | MS2 3.0 board 3.2.1 firmware| 18psi on a 20g
cwdodson88
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: dash layout resetting

Post by cwdodson88 »

It has happened to me twice in the last 2 months. Usually after some weird thing happening and having to flash my ECU
JamesBroChill42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JamesBroChill42 »

This happens to me almost every time if I plug my phone in to an already active megasquirt before opening the app.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

You can go into the INI file near the bottom and pick the 8 gauges you want to see as default. The MSDroid guys have said they are fixing that little bug for V2.0 when it gets released.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
Tonka
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Tonka »

Anything new on this topic? My gauge layout was sticking for awhile, then all of the sudden started having issues with connecting and crashing. Started from scratch by reloading msdroid onto my nexus tablet, downloading the modded .ini file from another post on this site (in order to get the ve table to show up), deleted all other .ini files. Now it connects reliably and the ve table is visible but every time it gives me a message indicating the ecu is a different one from last time so it returns me to the default gauge layout. Am I doing something wrong or does this bug still exist? I'm running 3.3.2 firmware in the ms2. Version 1.1r on the msdroid. Hope I got all those numbers right. I'm pretty new to this stuff.
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

The issue of the dashboard resetting is fixed in the new code. We're still polishing some bits off before the next release can come out. Hopefully not long now! :D
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

Tonka
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Tonka »

Awesome! I'm anxious for the new version. I will say that I had to make a few more changes which resulted in unhooking everything and then hooking it all back up and now it's back to being reliable, so far. I have my nexus 7 set up with Timurs kernel or whatever so the nexus stays mounted in the glovebox and when I turn the engine on it wakes the nexus, goes immediately to "my" msdroid gauge cluster, connects to the ecu, and starts fast charging....bam! I love it! You probably can't open the glovebox of many 72 blazers and find that kind of tech! I think it'll freak some people out...plus the thing runs like my wife's 2014 Tahoe. I said runs....not rides.