Working INI for MS2/Extras release 3.3.2?

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

CPMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Working INI for MS2/Extras release 3.3.2?

Post by CPMS »

Hi, finally got the bike started on a MicroSquirt V2. Tried using TunerStudio on a laptop laying in the topbox but the computer doesn't like the bumps and vibrations so I thought I'd try MSDroid on my Sony. Have it working on a wireless BT adapter (pretty neat) so I can monitor and log the MS but even though I'm using the INI that comes with 3.3.2 I can't get the VE table to show, only the AFR table. Have tried a few different INI but with no luck.

Anyone with a working INI for MSDroid 1.1r and MS2/Extras release 3.3.2 ?

Link to 3.3.2 firmware: http://www.msextra.com/doc/general/down ... elease.zip

Some info on the project: http://www.facebook.com/gpz1000refi

In the process of tuning the bike right now and it's slowly running better and better but I think I need some Dyno time as it's a little hard to look at the phone in higher speeds. :)

Regards
Marcus "CPMS" Sundin
Sweden
Marcus "CPMS" Sundin
Sweden
GPZ900R EFI
MegasquirtBug
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Working INI for MS2/Extras release 3.3.2?

Post by MegasquirtBug »

CPMS,

Just this afternoon I solved the same issue on my MS2.

Try using the microsquirt one for your ECU:
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 36&t=54936

I deleted all the previous megasquirt.ini's I had in the folder since it never was recognized by the ECU. I only left this one in the folder with other files and works flawlessly. It shows the VE TABLES which was one of my main concerns.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark with MSD coilpack, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. Anyway, runs great can't be more reliable than this. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, W/M injection at 15psi for now.
CPMS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by CPMS »

Thanks for the link, I already tested that ini-file and that didn't work either but you actually gave me the solution of my problem.
I'd call this a brainfart but I have the MSDroid setup so it saves files in my dropbox, in that dropbox folder there is a subfolder called INI and it was there I put the 3.3.2 ini-file. You stated that you deleted ALL other ini-files and that made me start thinking cause I never saw any other ini-files , looked in the MSDroid folder and :facepalm: There was the ini subfolder that I should put the ini-file in, after I did that and a restart of MSDroid I now have the VE-table menu under fuel settings. :yeah!:
Marcus "CPMS" Sundin
Sweden
GPZ900R EFI
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

I did the modded INI's for 3.3.2. know one has reported them not work so far.

Glade you got it figured out.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
MegasquirtBug
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by MegasquirtBug »

CPMS,

Glad to hear you solved the issue. Special thanks to Ol boy who tweaked the file...

Good day to all.
1970 VW Beetle with 2109cc turbo with MS-II v3.0, wasted spark with MSD coilpack, dual table, launch control and 3.88 tranny. Anyway, runs great can't be more reliable than this. All done by me...:) t03 running 48lb. Injectors, Intercooler, W/M injection at 15psi for now.
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Rick Finsta »

To get this to work for me, I needed to not only delete all the .ini files prior to installing the modded .ini on my Galaxy S4 mini, but I needed to delete my saved tunes and unpair my BT adapter and then repair and have MSDroid re-read the version. Then it connected right up and worked fine.

Thanks!
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

I am going to have to try it, my s4 mini wouldn't work even with modded ini file.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Just make sure you get the right INI for your hardware. The signature in the firmware has to match the INI file.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Rick Finsta »

Caveat: I don't understand firmware or software programming.

That said, it seemed like until I unpaired the MS and had it try to re-pair and read the ECU definition with no .ini or tune files on the phone (which of course gave me the error that I needed to download an .ini that matches my ECU definition), that the non-modded .ini was somehow being saved along with the tune files, or being kept in memory or something. As soon as I re-paired and then loaded the modded .ini it worked first time with no problems.

Sometimes I guess you just have to knock something loose?
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

I ended up reloading msdroid app, then deleted all the ini files and added just a modded 3.3.2 ini file, hooked it back up to the bike and it started working, turned engine off, turned it back on, and it would back to the same old message, can't read ecu definition.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Sometimes I see similar. Just close the app and clear it from the last used apps. Then reopen it. The latest release of android may be giving the app some issues.

I have notices I can leave the app running and shut my car down which also kills the BT dongle, then restart the engine. Msdroid will reconnect to the BT dongle and begin sending realtime data like it was never shut down.
old guy
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by old guy »

I was having the same problem in Shadowdash when changing dashboard files. Phil suggested a program called Android Helper, which has a feature called quick boost that clears all the stuff from memory after you have shut down a program. Give it a try.
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

I tried turning msdroid off and turning the engine off and turning bluetooth off and on and it only worked that one first time.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Which version of android are you on?
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

I uploaded the latest version on google play.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

electronic wrote:I uploaded the latest version on google play.
Not MSDroid... yours phones version of Android. I'm on 4.4.2 what ever it's called now.
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

1.1r version of msdroid
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

and 4.2.2 android version.