Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

dodd1980
MS/Extra Newbie

No 3D Tuning Map

Post by dodd1980 »

Msdroid V2.4r1
Ms2extra 333e2

When i go to look at the VE 3D tuning Map i can only see a white screen and nothing else. If i look at the VE table i can see everything it just seems the 3D parts don't work

any ideas please
dodd1980
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: No 3D Tuning Map

Post by dodd1980 »

help please
PDX5
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by PDX5 »

I get a white screen as well... so best I can say is that you're not alone. Although, my primary use isn't for tuning so it hasn't bothered me.
NigeT
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by NigeT »

On both my Note 3, and my Tab S I have many blank tabs and not just tune 3D views. Is this normal and expected? I'll list all the missing elements if anyone is interested. It seems odd because I'd either expect the missing configuration options simply to be left out of the UI or have an indication that they are not implemented.
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

I'm aware that the 3D views are broken and it was intended to get them fixed quite quickly, but the months have rolled on and it hasn't happened. All I can say is that I know this looks bad and they should have either been fixed or left out of the UI for the time being until properly implemented again. I will look into this.
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

NigeT
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by NigeT »

Thanks for updating this. It is good to know it isn't a device specific problem. A simple "not implemented yet" statement on the page would be a good short term work around. My comments are all meant to be positive and helpful.
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

Hi Nige, the feedback is much appreciated and I needed the kick up the bum to get this sorted. I have spent some time on fixing the 3D maps this weekend and it is looking good so far.
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

NigeT
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by NigeT »

Good to know it was taken in the spirit intended. He's another one - I keep reading posts saying people think MSDroid is updating the connected controller when they haven't "burned" anything. Can this happen? Does it every write it's stored tune in preference to the tune on the controller? Also can you confirm that any updates made with MSDroid are totally compatible with TunerStudio as I use that as my main tool for updating tunes, but it would be handy to use MSDroid to make minor changes on the fly and then merge them with the main line on TunerStudio.
Thanks, Nigel.