Feature Request: Tasker Support?

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

AbeFM
Super MS/Extra'er

Feature Request: Tasker Support?

Post by AbeFM »

I have NO idea how hard it is to do this, but there's a nice little app called Tasker - which I use for a lot of little things.

For instance, I have it switch input methods back and forth when my external keyboard connects, and I have it run a music program when the speaker in my shower connects... if another one isn't already running.

If there was a "start logging" and "stop logging" handle I could twiddle, then MSDroid wouldn't have to auto-log directly.

Similarly, I could have the task killed if there were some sign that the logs were done uploading to DropBox. Perhaps i could get it to upload to Drive, I dunno I'm far from a pro with the program. I CAN package "apps" from it directly so I'm happy to share anything I write for you all.

The more things I can grab the more I can do with it (perhaps conditional logging?). I'm not sure off the top of my head what's realistic or I might use it for - but if it's something there's interest in supporting I can put in a little effort or at least brainstorm things that would be nice to know.

ALTERNATIVELY: The way MSD looks for USB and auto-runs won't quite work for bluetooth SPP (or, I don't know how!). But you could have it watch for something else (as I did) and then run - car stereos/speakerphones are good ones. That and "autolog when connected" would pretty much be awesome.
2000 VVT Miata turbo, MS3Pro

Contact me if interested in a MS-II 2nd gen NB Miata PnP board.