Very slow gauges

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

PDX5
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Very slow gauges

Post by PDX5 »

Hello all,

I'm just getting started with MSDroid. I'm using a bluetooth connection and the gauges/display is VERY slow - about 1 frame every 5 seconds. The Framerate Limit is set at 15FPS. Device is a Samsung Galaxy S5. Firmware is the ms2e-pre3.4beta10.

I've seen several youtube demos of MSDroid over bluetooth and they seem smooth. Any tips on how to fix this?
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Very slow gauges

Post by ol boy »

Any resolution to your problem? I'm in the same boat now. I used to get as high as 21 reads per second with my droid M phone, now with the S6 I'm stuck down in the 2.5 to 3 reads per second.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

Are you both still experiencing this issue consistently?

I have personally seen this happen myself on a friend's HTC One M8, but annoyingly the problem cleared itself after a phone restart.

If either of you still have the issue, could I arrange for you both to run a special test build that does additional logging? Is there anyone else with an S5 or S6 with the problem?
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

Mine seems to have fixed its self after creating a new project. Ive created new projects in the past and those only showed 3 reads /sec. Not sure how the latest project is working. Showing 14 reads/sec.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

I noticed my rate slowed back down to 2.5 hz. After a few system updates im back up to 15hz. Just weird how its good for a few weeks then all of a sudden it falls back to 2-3hz. What test would you like me to run?
PDX5
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by PDX5 »

I gave up on bluetooth after USB OTG finally started working (as a result of MSDroid_2_4r4.apk). However, I have only used MSDroid several times because I can't charge the phone while using the OTG cable. So I thought I'd give the bluetooth another shot and unfortunately it's still very slow. I'm getting the same 1-2frames every 5 seconds.

I'd be happy to run a test build. Let me know what to do.
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

OK. Be assured I haven't forgotten about this.

What I plan to do is to add a special debug option into a pending release to make the application perform some profiling so I can work out what this is.
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android