Bluetooth paired, not connecting

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

brianj5600
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Bluetooth paired, not connecting

Post by brianj5600 »

I am trying to use an external DB9 bluetooth adapter to connect my MS3/3x to an LG Optimus G with no luck. I also tried my wifes LG phone and kid's tablet and they all do the same thing. The adapter is visible and will pair, but when I touch the screen to connect it does nothing. All of the other devices that are paired instantly say "connecting".

I also tried using an mini USB-OTG cord and none of the above devices can even see the the MS3. Are LG phones not able to connect through the mini USB plug? Thanks for any ideas to try or test.
1967 Mustang Coupe, 351w, S475 turbo, MS3.0 3x, c4, 8.8, ls coils, e85
Tony Evo
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Bluetooth paired, not connecting

Post by Tony Evo »

you try to connect with laptop(tunerstudio)?
brianj5600
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by brianj5600 »

I can connect to tuner studio with USB or serial cord w/o trouble. My wife's laptop will briefly connect to the Bluetooth adapter, maybe 5 seconds, and then drops connection. The blue status light continues to blink fast meaning it is visible, but not connected even for the 5 seconds the laptop says it is connected. The status light should go solid blue to verify connection.
1967 Mustang Coupe, 351w, S475 turbo, MS3.0 3x, c4, 8.8, ls coils, e85
Tony Evo
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Tony Evo »

one thing is to connect to the bluetooth controller , but not necessarily be connected to the MegaSquirt , is how to connect to a router but not the internet .