MSdroid Freezing/crashing?

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Rx7arezza
MS/Extra Newbie

MSdroid Freezing/crashing?

Post by Rx7arezza »

hey,

I am a long time megasquirt user, but new to MSdroid. Running the latest firmware on my megasquirt 2 (3.4.0) in my FC Rx7. Recently I got a new phone, the Moto G 3rd Gen, and decided to get the MSdroid app. I am connecting to the phone via the same rs232 to usb connector that I have been using to connect to my laptop for the past 2 years with an OTG micro usb adapter. The app runs and connects fine, I am able to change the tune and settings and save them. The problem is that once I actually turn the car on (not only the ECU) the app seems to freeze after about 5 seconds. I can see the dashboard gauges working for those 5 seconds, very smoothly actually, but then everything freezes and the only way to stop it is by disconnecting the usb cable and restarting the app (with the car off). Anyone experience similar issues? Could this be the OTG cable I am using? My phone? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
convertables_10
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MSdroid Freezing/crashing?

Post by convertables_10 »

Having a very similar issue. Once it sees rpm it losses comms. Tried both thus and tunerstudio. Have 3 different usb/serial adapters. Galaxy S4 phone older dell laptop. Same issue on both. Redone power and grounds to the box. Triggering off the vr sensor for tach signal. Ms2 v3.0 Msextra 3.2.1 latest version of tuner srudio.
73 nova 355 ms2 v3.0 msextra 3.21 currently spark only setup.
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: MSdroid Freezing/crashing?

Post by Trev16v »

Rx7arezza: Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I have personally not come across it myself before and I don't have any idea at the moment why it's occurring. I don't think anyone else has reported this.

Questions:

- What is the USB - Serial interface you're using? Do you know if it's a Prolific or FTDI device?

- If you just leave MSDroid in its frozen state, does your phone eventually produce a dialogue to say that MSDroid isn't responding? If so, then hopefully it will give you the option to send an ANR report to me.

As a somewhat educated shot in the dark, I would be curious to know what happens if you try another USB-serial interface. Is there a possibility you could obtain another to try? If MSDroid freezes then ultimately it is my code at fault and not the interface, but I am just wondering if the root issue is the combination of FTDI or Prolific drivers I'm using together with the specific version (or clone?) of interface you have.

Finally if possible could you please send me the contents of /debuglog/debug_log.txt? I'm pessimistic of it telling me why MSDroid is going ANR but it's worth a look.

convertables_10: You experience the issue also with TunerStudio, is that right? If that's the case then your issue is actually not the same as the one reported by Rx7arezza.
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android