Gauge customization?

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Map63Vette
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Gauge customization?

Post by Map63Vette »

So in some searches I've done it sounds like you could set up custom gauges not just dashboards, but I'm not seeing any other functionality aside from picking from a predetermine gauge and what value goes in it. Is this all that is available right now? For instance, something I would like to do is have an AFR gauge with a low and high limit and have the needle with the needle centered vertically when running at 14.7. I'd like to be able to possible customize the sweep angle as well so it's more like a 90-120 degree sweep instead of the default 270 or so. Also, I'd like to add/remove gauge text on some. An example is the speedo gauge. The "GPS Speed" text is layered under the "MPH" unit, and ultimately I'd either like to move where the GPS Speed label goes or remove it entirely. Is sounds like there was some big gauge customization in the works in another thread, so this might just be a feature request for that, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some button or option in a menu.
1967 Dart 5.7 Hemi swap running MS2/Extra
Map63Vette
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Gauge customization?

Post by Map63Vette »

One other thing that would be nice, though I'm not sure how easy it would be to do, would be a PC based "dashboard builder". While it's not necessarily hard to create a layout within the app, being able to build one on a PC with a keyboard and mouse would be much easier for me. Dragging stuff around and trying to get it the right size and in the right location when pulling my finger back from the screen is frustrating. It'll almost always slightly shift as the touchscreen will continue to read as I'm pulling my finger back. I feel like I could be much more precise when building something within a PC environment.
1967 Dart 5.7 Hemi swap running MS2/Extra