Nexus 7 with OTG cable

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Roadstercycle
MS/Extra Newbie

Nexus 7 with OTG cable

Post by Roadstercycle »

Hi, I have a Nexus 7 which works fine with bluetooth connection to Megasquirt PNP Pro 3 ECU. The issue I'm having is direct connecting the ECU with the Nexus 7 directly with a OTG cable from the serial to usb adapter. I know the OTG works with usb sticks but I can't seem to get the MS droid to see it. I've tried the usually stuff, booting with everything running even the car with no luck, unplugging and re plugging etc. Turned on USB debugging, Turned on developer. Other have got it to work with 4.4 firmware but I'm at 6.1 I believe. Any one have any clue?
Also is Trevor is a part of this or is it dead in the water?? Is it over???
dredders
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Nexus 7 with OTG cable

Post by dredders »

I have the same setup working OK [but with Lollipop].

What USB-->serial adapter are you using [Prolific??] ?
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Nexus 7 with OTG cable

Post by Trev16v »

Hello,

No it's not dead and lots of work is happening in the background, but January has been a tough month so far so I may be a little while responding.

Regarding the USB interface you're using, what chip does it use? Prolific or FTDI? MSDroid only ships with drivers for those two manufacturers' ICs.

The first step is to confirm that. If it turns out it isn't FTDI or Prolific, then the next step would be to obtain one that is either of those.

Regards,

Trev
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android