Preferred Speed Units Not Being Applied Correctly

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

VcrMiata
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Preferred Speed Units Not Being Applied Correctly

Post by VcrMiata »

Being in Canada I have been setting my MS3 Basic Advanced Settings->Speed and Gear Sensors->Preferred Speed Units to KPH. When I change the setting in MSDroid, it shows the change for the session but when I exit the app and restart it returns to showing MPH.

This is causing some weirdness when reporting the Basic/Load Settings->Fan Control->VSS Shutoff and VSS Hyst settings. The VSS Shutoff (XXX) units descriptor is correct (shows KPH) so it's picking the correct value from the ECU tune, however the actual value displayed is in MPH.

Example: I set the Preferred Speed Units to KPH and then set Fan Control->VSS Shutoff (KPH) to 110, the setting looks correct for the session even if I go to another tuning screen and return. If I exit the app and restart MSDroid the Fan Control->VSS Shutoff shows the correct units as KPH but now shows a value of 68 (110KPH == 68MPH). Also, for a baseline, if I load the tune in TunerStudio it always shows correctly with Preferred Speed Units set to KPH and Fan Control->VSS Shutoff(KPH) shows 110.
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Preferred Speed Units Not Being Applied Correctly

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

There seems to be a general issue in MSD regarding the MPH/KMH selection. It doesn't seem to check for the selection made in TunerStudio, and there seems to be no selection in MSD itself, like there is for choosing between Celsius/Fahrenheit in the project settings.
My project: Link
VcrMiata
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Preferred Speed Units Not Being Applied Correctly

Post by VcrMiata »

Unfortunately, this setting is not saved nor used properly in MSDroid.
I suspect if it was saved, the units on the gauge would change too (although that is only a guess).

If you change the Preferred Speed Units to KPH, the units on Basic/Load Settings->Fan Control VSS Shutoff and Hyst will change from MPH to KPH but the actual value is not adjusted. e.g. In tunerstudio my tune shows 110KPH while in MSDroid it shows 68MPH - after I change the Preferred Units in MSDroid it now shows 68KPH instead of 110KPH (only the units have changed, the value is not altered to correspond with the units change where it should have changed from 68MPH to 110KPH).

Finally, once I restart MSDroid the units revert back to MPH and the Fan Control VSS Shutoff shows 68MPH. Luckily, it does not impact the values involved so the Fan should turn off at the correct speed.