Newbie Dumb Question?

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

motorgnome
MS/Extra Newbie

Newbie Dumb Question?

Post by motorgnome »

Hi guy's

I'm sure there is a really simple answer to this, but how do I load an additional project onto my android device. I Have two different vehicles running MSextra. I have one "project" loaded, all working great, but I don't know how to load the second car onto MS Droid. When I connect the second vehicle (via USB) , MS Droid picks up that there is a difference in tune & asks if I want to update the ECU or Controller. I stop there as I don't want to put the car number 2 tune under car number 1 folder. Is that what happens, or does MS droid ask if I want to rename it or something like that?? I cannot find a "create new project" tab or the like. I even went into the MSDROID folder/ projects, created a new project folder there, then tried to "load project" in MSDROID, hoping to see the new project that I had created, but it doesn't show.

I have a bad habit of overlooking the obvious...so be kind huh!

Cheers, Jason
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Newbie Dumb Question?

Post by benckj »

Not a dumb question at all as the Droid app seems to pull Controller info and set up project automatically. Wonder if you could download the App again and run an alternate version for car #2 ?

Jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Newbie Dumb Question?

Post by Trev16v »

It's my fault - it's an obvious feature that should be there which I've not done. It's not you, it's me :D

This is now on the list, but I don't want to commit to quite when I can deliver it.
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android