Gauges settings / choosing data to log

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Gauges settings / choosing data to log

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

Gauge settings
I thought this was a limitation of the free version at first, but even after getting the Pro version I can't find any options to set gauge limits and it doesn't seem to respect the setting in the tune.

For example, I want to be able to set my rev range for the rev counter, so that it maxes out at about 13000rpm. Currently, everything above 7000(?) just doesn't display properly as the graphic is already maxed out there.
Another example, I want to set the lower end of my analog barometer gauge to 90, and the maximum to 105 giving me a much better resolution for the hand instead of the standard setting of 60 to 120.

Datalog
I would like to be able to select which data should be in my log files.

For example, MSDroid already enhances the MS-data with GPSSpeed etc.
There are some internal values I'm interested in. Let's say I would like to log the altitude.

How do I do this, if it can be done?
My project: Link
KenK
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Gauges settings / choosing data to log

Post by KenK »

10/06/16

Dennis:
The ranges of most of the gauges can be be set in the "firmware.ini" file located in the "MS2Extra_comms340v2" directory in the Tablet. You will have to make the changes on a laptop or some other type of computer and copy the updated file to the tablet. Warning, MAKE a COPY before you make any changes. That way you can get back to where you started pretty easily. The gauge definitions are near the bottom of the file in a section titled "GaugeConfigurations". You can search for that and the search will get you to the correct place.

I did have a problem with the CLT gauge as the upper limit is set by the variable "clthighlim". MS Droid does not respect the expanded range for air cooled motors so I just made the un-expanded range 20-450 (F).

I would like to change the range of the GPS Speed gauge and have not found a way to do that. I don't think I'll be going 160 MPH any time soon. I think this is a question for Trevor. 0-80 MPG would be much more to my liking

KenK
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Gauges settings / choosing data to log

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

Thanks, I actually already played around with that file, but didn't notice the part with the gauge limits. Would be nice if it could be configured in MSDroid itself, though.

As for the datalog part of the opening post, in the meantime I found that you can just remove or comment out the entries in the [Datalog] part of the file you don't want in the log.
However, this only works for the data inside the MS, not the sensors in the device running MSDroid.
My project: Link