connect / disconnect to ecu

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

kizzoalfa
Experienced MS/Extra'er

connect / disconnect to ecu

Post by kizzoalfa »

Hi Trev,

currently I am connected to ECU via bluetooth which is very reliable, also MSdroid. After MSdroid started I command for connect to ECU and establish connection to MS3. I do not change this until I close the app.

To control dashboard action i use tasker application.

When ignition is ON / charger is plugged / than I turn display on. When charge is OFF, than I force to turn display off by tasker.

In the background the status of Msdroid does not change regarding connect to ecu / disconnect from ecu. It still in Connected to ECU mode so keep connection while screen is off.

The only problem with this is that tablet battery goes flat after some days when not in use as MSDroid is forcing to connect via bluetooth and keep system alive however display is off.

My question would be does it possible to command the connect to ECU / disconnect from ECU via charging event?

Thanks,

Zoltan
---------------------------------------------------------------
Alfa Romeo 75 2.0, Supercharged by Eaton M45, MS3
WillExoIX
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: connect / disconnect to ecu

Post by WillExoIX »

I have a similar request, not sure if I can post it here or not.

It is about the connect/disconnect upon key on or off.

MS DROID stays connected once key off, and once standby power expires and forces the head unit to shut down.

Is there a way to make it disconnect at every full power down so I don't have to manually disconnect and connect it every time I turn it on?

Also the stupid project selection screen keeps coming up every time I connect to the ECU.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Megasquirt 2 V3.0 Running Msextra 3.4.2. in a 1989 Camaro RS .48AR/60mm Turbo 3.4L/700R4
Boost control, Fan control, Stepper IAC, Launch/Antilag, Working on the GMDIS, and Methanol injection