Running rougher while connected?

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Map63Vette
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Running rougher while connected?

Post by Map63Vette »

So I think this might all be in my head, but I swear my engine seems to run different when I have my tablet with MSDroid connected vs. when I run without it. I have a little cheapo 7" Chinese tablet I'm using as a digital dash (and speedo at the moment) that I have mounted under the dash in my setup (a 5.7 Hemi with MSD ignition control and fuel only MS2Extra). When I'm cruising down the highway without the tablet, it seems like the engine runs silky smooth. However, when I do the same drive with the tablet connected it seems like it just doesn't quite run the same. I realize that it would probably take some amount of processing cycles to provide data to the tablet from the MS, but surely not enough to compromise the way it runs right? I have a bluetooth dongle constantly attached to the MS for what it's worth. Has anyone else ever experienced this same phenomenon?
1967 Dart 5.7 Hemi swap running MS2/Extra
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Running rougher while connected?

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

Running Ms2Extra too, but fuel and ignition. Also connected via Bluetooth. Didn't notice any difference between logging using TS/MsDroid/no log so far.
My project: Link
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Running rougher while connected?

Post by Matt Cramer »

I have occasionally seen this happen if there are grounding issues with the device connected.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X