Server updated for MS3 1.5.1 releases. Feedback please.

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Server updated for MS3 1.5.1 releases. Feedback please.

Postby Trev16v » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:05 pm

Hello,

I have added the definition (.ini) files to the MSDroid server for MS3 1.5.1 release, and pretty much most of the obsolete MS3 1.5.1 beta releases too in case anyone needs them.

Usual apologies for being very late in adding these, as I know a lot of people have been nagging me to get it done.

I have not yet personally evaluated MSDroid's support for MS3 1.5.1.

Those of you using MS3 1.5.1, would you please provide any feedback in this thread about any issues you encounter with MSDroid (particularly support for tuning pages that require fixes).

Thanks,
Trev
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Server updated for MS3 1.5.1 releases. Feedback please.

Postby Dennis_Zx7r » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks for adding the inis. Here's some feedback, only tested it on the bench though.

When OFF is selected, MSDroid seems to display a variable instead of "OFF" in some menus. In addition, some options seem to use different names than TunerStudio. For example in picture 2, you can see that for MAP a port "8" is selected. Correct would be CAN ADC01 in that case, MSDroid offers numbers 1 to 32(?) instead.
ImageImage Image

There's an issue with decimal comma / decimal points. When decimal comma is used on the device running MSD, the point is offered on the keyboard. For example, when I enter 50.1kpa for Overrun MAP in engine states, it accepts the value as 100kpa. Entering an integer number works as it should.
Something similar when using a page like TimeBasedAE.
For example when I use 120 %/s, it displays 120,0. When I want to edit the enrichment value, it converts the 120,0 to 1200%/s so I have to always remove the last zero there.

Undo doesn't work on some pages. For example, calibrating the TPS.

Another thing that could be improved would be the behaviour when upgrading to a newer firmware. Unfortunately every time a new project has to be created, which means the dash has to be rebuilt; all the gauges gauge limits have to be readjusted.
My build (german, page 5+): Link
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Postby jsmcortina » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:06 pm

Dennis_Zx7r wrote:Thanks for adding the inis. Here's some feedback, only tested it on the bench though.
When OFF is selected, MSDroid seems to display a variable instead of "OFF" in some menus.

The ini file was changed over a year ago to use parameterised lists, so that instead of repeating all pin options by name each time, as ini creator I can say that a setting uses the parameter variable $PIN_ADCS and the list of pin names is used. This made it easier to add support for the Evo and Ultimate ECUs.

James
I can supply, repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: viewtopic.php?f=104&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Postby Trev16v » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate the time taken to provide such detail and screenshots. Thanks James for the advice about the definition file.

My main focus now is going to be sorting out the MS3 1.5.1 compatibility issues. I now have my bench ECU set up with MS3 1.5.1 firmware and I spent this evening making a start. Expect some news on this over the coming week.

Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Postby Trev16v » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:37 pm

The support for preprocessing constant macros is now done, to fix the main issue reported above by Dennis_Zx7r. I will initially release this fix on a beta build (via Google Play) this weekend, along with some other fixes being worked on.

Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Postby Trev16v » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:21 pm

As mentioned in the other thread, I've now pushed beta build 2.6b1 to Play which contains a fix for the parameterised list support for MS3 1.5.1. You'll need to be opted-in to get beta releases from Play. (Details are in another thread in this section; should if you need help.)

Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Return to MSDroid