Server updated for MS3 1.5.1 releases. Feedback please.

Use and development of MSDroid tuning software on Android

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Server updated for MS3 1.5.1 releases. Feedback please.

Post by Trev16v »

Hello,

I have added the definition (.ini) files to the MSDroid server for MS3 1.5.1 release, and pretty much most of the obsolete MS3 1.5.1 beta releases too in case anyone needs them.

Usual apologies for being very late in adding these, as I know a lot of people have been nagging me to get it done.

I have not yet personally evaluated MSDroid's support for MS3 1.5.1.

Those of you using MS3 1.5.1, would you please provide any feedback in this thread about any issues you encounter with MSDroid (particularly support for tuning pages that require fixes).

Thanks,
Trev
Golf MK2 G60 Syncro with 16VG60 on MSNS-E

MSDroid :: MegaSquirt tuning on Android

Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Server updated for MS3 1.5.1 releases. Feedback please.

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

Thanks for adding the inis. Here's some feedback, only tested it on the bench though.

When OFF is selected, MSDroid seems to display a variable instead of "OFF" in some menus. In addition, some options seem to use different names than TunerStudio. For example in picture 2, you can see that for MAP a port "8" is selected. Correct would be CAN ADC01 in that case, MSDroid offers numbers 1 to 32(?) instead.
ImageImage Image

There's an issue with decimal comma / decimal points. When decimal comma is used on the device running MSD, the point is offered on the keyboard. For example, when I enter 50.1kpa for Overrun MAP in engine states, it accepts the value as 100kpa. Entering an integer number works as it should.
Something similar when using a page like TimeBasedAE.
For example when I use 120 %/s, it displays 120,0. When I want to edit the enrichment value, it converts the 120,0 to 1200%/s so I have to always remove the last zero there.

Undo doesn't work on some pages. For example, calibrating the TPS.

Another thing that could be improved would be the behaviour when upgrading to a newer firmware. Unfortunately every time a new project has to be created, which means the dash has to be rebuilt; all the gauges gauge limits have to be readjusted.
My project: Link
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Dennis_Zx7r wrote:Thanks for adding the inis. Here's some feedback, only tested it on the bench though.
When OFF is selected, MSDroid seems to display a variable instead of "OFF" in some menus.
The ini file was changed over a year ago to use parameterised lists, so that instead of repeating all pin options by name each time, as ini creator I can say that a setting uses the parameter variable $PIN_ADCS and the list of pin names is used. This made it easier to add support for the Evo and Ultimate ECUs.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciate the time taken to provide such detail and screenshots. Thanks James for the advice about the definition file.

My main focus now is going to be sorting out the MS3 1.5.1 compatibility issues. I now have my bench ECU set up with MS3 1.5.1 firmware and I spent this evening making a start. Expect some news on this over the coming week.

Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

The support for preprocessing constant macros is now done, to fix the main issue reported above by Dennis_Zx7r. I will initially release this fix on a beta build (via Google Play) this weekend, along with some other fixes being worked on.

Trev16v
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Trev16v »

As mentioned in the other thread, I've now pushed beta build 2.6b1 to Play which contains a fix for the parameterised list support for MS3 1.5.1. You'll need to be opted-in to get beta releases from Play. (Details are in another thread in this section; should if you need help.)

ekam99
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ekam99 »

Trev16v wrote:As mentioned in the other thread, I've now pushed beta build 2.6b1 to Play which contains a fix for the parameterised list support for MS3 1.5.1. You'll need to be opted-in to get beta releases from Play. (Details are in another thread in this section; should if you need help.)
How long does it usually take to join the group(membership is pending for the meantime) and be able to download betas?

the menu seems to be corrupted. Sorry for the unfocused video....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtNA6yv ... e=youtu.be
VcrMiata
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by VcrMiata »

From my experience it became active almost immediately.

1) Joined the beta group.
2) Uninstalled MSDroid (not sure if this is needed, but I always do)
3) Started Google Play and installed MSDroid
=> the beta was installed
ekam99
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ekam99 »

VcrMiata wrote:From my experience it became active almost immediately.

1) Joined the beta group.
2) Uninstalled MSDroid (not sure if this is needed, but I always do)
3) Started Google Play and installed MSDroid
=> the beta was installed
Nope. Clicked the group link, joined, membership is pending(3 days already) and download link leads to nowhere. Same story the friend of mine got. I believe membership must be confirmed by moderator.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by piledriver »

Finally got msdroid working after latest update on my S8, after loading ms3-1.5.1 firmware, connected to S8 via USB.
running the oreo update on the S8, std Sprint phone, not rooted.

Did some basic checks, fiddled with the dash and did some logging, seems workable..

Unfortunately connecting via wifi serial adapter seems to have some issues.

AFAICT, you can connect to a wifi adapter or the internet--- not both, connecting wifi turns off the mobile network for data.
(if anyone has a work around for that it would be awesome)

msdroid apparently must pull the ini from the server again...which can never happen, because there is no route through the wifi serial adapter.

There also doesn't seem to be a way to select one in the GUI, its via the server or nothing?

EDIT: took a look and there is a valid ini and msq in the project, so i'm baffled why msdroid insists on calling home/having internet access to connect to the ecu again/.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.