Tuner in Utah!

Post here if you are seeking local tuner assistance

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Tuner in Utah!

Post by nathanhardy »

I'm not comfortable doing remote tuning but would be more then glad to help out in Utah!
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
Bolt-on
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Tuner in Utah!

Post by Bolt-on »

Do you have access to a dyno, and do you think it's important to have one? I'm in Wyoming and just got a twin turbo LQ4 with MS3 on the road. Northern Utah is doable. It's running ok but I'd like to get it refined and get some high output tuning.
DIYPNP MS2 1989 MR2 turbo Lemons car, MS3 Pro 1971 Riviera turbo LQ4, MS2 1992 Humvee Chevy 350, MS3 Pro 98 F150 5.8 turbo
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

I'd prefer to dyno and then confirm on the road/perfect driveablity. Unfortunately at the moment i don't have a dyno available and it is impossible to tune your spark map to the fullest potential or in other words MBT without one.. if you want to rent time at a dyno i have knock detection equipment and can help/be a second eye or even tune it. we can figure out a price i'm not too worried
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
Calspecial
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Calspecial »

Nathan, I hate to bother you, but can I get you to take a look at the tune I am trying and not having any success. This is my first MS system and I really have no clue at this point what I am doing, and I can't get the motor started. This is an MS3X that I am working with.
This is in a boat with the following build.
Chevy 350
24lb Injectors (Batch Fire)
2005+ Ford blade MAF/IAT
GM 1 Bar MAP Sensor on the intake
GM HEI small cap with 8 Pin module
1 Coil
GM 4 wire Stepper IAC
GM TPS

Here is what I am seeing. The fuel pump is not turning on, but in test mode it works. I don't know if the injectors are even firing, but I have got it to fire for just a second a few times. This is in a boat just so that you know, with a Mercruiser Black Scorpion injection system.
I am thinking that I am missing something in the tune. If you could take a look over my file and let me know what I have done wrong. If you could give me a tune that would at least get me started I would greatly appreciate it.
Latest Tune I have tried.msq
Thanks.
Chuck