1uz vvti which ecu?

Post here if you are seeking local tuner assistance

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

45psi
MS/Extra Newbie

1uz vvti which ecu?

Post by 45psi »

Hello all! my name is mike and i have embarked on a 1uz vvti swap into my e36, i have searched the forums quite a bit and i'm looking for a tuner. I live in south florida (broward county). Which megasquirt ecu would be best for my application, being that i also have vvti to deal with. i believe some people have gotten this engine running with vvti on ms3 and ms3 pro. i would like to keep vvti running along with sequential injection and ignition, Thank you for your time guys!
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 1uz vvti which ecu?

Post by elutionsdesign »

I think your only choice is MS3Pro, I wouldn't recommend anything else. Here's the 12, vvti, sequential injection. http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=62798
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
jacky4566
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jacky4566 »

The MS3x or the MS3Pro are the only way to get all the output you need for full sequential injection.

45psi i think you should do some more reading into megasquirt if you cant figure out what ECU you need. Its not as easy a plug and go ecu like Haltech or Motec.
45psi
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 45psi »

well there is no plug and play for the 1uz vvti anywhere, link g4 is often used in australia but i don't know if there is anyone near me that is familiar with this ecu. I searched these forums but found allot of the info to be inconclusive for my setup :RTFM: . I knew it was down to either the ms3x or ms3 pro, I have read of people getting them running with everything from a microsquirt (batch fire/non sequential) to ms3 pro. The price difference is huge between an ms3x ecu and ms3pro. I'm staying NA for now, not boosting anytime soon or adding nitrous etc which i think ms3x should be able to handle just fine should i need it. MS3x it is, Thanks guys for your help. I'll post on here once it's running. :yeah!:

Pretty neat supra you got there btw! not your typical swap ( aslo reason i chose 1uz for my e36)