Portsmouth Hampshire UK Megasquirt installer/tuner needed

Post here if you are seeking local tuner assistance

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Ledfut
MS/Extra Newbie

Portsmouth Hampshire UK Megasquirt installer/tuner needed

Post by Ledfut »

Hello,

I have a MK3 Ford Capri 2.8i with a 2.9i V6 24v Cosworth BOB engine fitted. I have an MS2 V3 megasquirt unit with 3 coil drivers installed to direct drive the standard Cosworth coil pack. The unit is currently first fit wired in and I have calibrated some of the gauges in tunestudio but I have yet to get any response from the rpm gauge. The unit was also priming the fuel pump before I turned that off through tunestudio.

I'd like to know if there is anyone relatively local who can come and get the unit set up and the engine started. If anyone knows anyone and prices and contact details etc let me know as the car has been sat too long now and just needs the ecu sorted before I can drive it again.

Thanks

Lloyd
Nordstudio
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Portsmouth Hampshire UK Megasquirt installer/tuner neede

Post by Nordstudio »

got a proper working map
jammy86
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Portsmouth Hampshire UK Megasquirt installer/tuner neede

Post by jammy86 »

Firstly I think you should work through your problems and get the car firing up and idling. It's not as daunting as it seems at first, and although a bit of a steep learning curve, with the help of this forum you should be able to do it! Mine fired first time, ok it died after 3 seconds but adding 30% more fuel sorted that and let me get going... Have you got a Jstim? If not then stop wasting your time and get one, you can then play with stuff to help you understand how it all works but also make sure that the unit it working properly so that you know any problems are with the car and not the ECU.

Once its working I've been recommended Northampton Motorsports by a friend (not using megasquirt mind...) who said that the chap there is very good. I believe they are megasquirt friendly too!

I don't think you'll find anyone who will come and get it running for you as such, not as a paid job that is. Stay away from anyone who is not familiar with megasquirt as you'll just waste your money and get nowhere. You might find some local 'squirters who can help you though for a beer or two :) I'd give you some of my time if I'm down that way but I'm not sure when I'll next be down.