Desperate in Toronto - Chevy LS6 - MS3x

Post here if you are seeking local tuner assistance

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ajracer
MS/Extra Newbie

Desperate in Toronto - Chevy LS6 - MS3x

Post by ajracer »

Thanks for checking out my post; hope someone out there can provide some insight when running MS3 on a Chevy V8

Yes I have had a couple of earlier start ups, but none since. Any recent attempts have been unsuccessful, as well I believe during an earlier start reason it worked was because of many, many attempts (that really primed engine) so when we got close to starting it already had lots of fuel even though if has lean fuel requirements and settings. Also been dialoguing some with Matt at DIY autotune, his comments earlier this month were:

1/ To use the actual Require Fuel calculation as instructed by Matt and the guys at DIY, then just adjust the Pulse width / cranking enrichment to get the right set up for starting and warm up mode.
2/ Ok, if it's running rich, next step is going to be to nurse it along until it's warmed up. Then adjust the VE table to get to pull as much vacuum at idle as you can. After that, you can come back and dial in final values for ASE and WUE.

I have been utilizing and searching this forum for some time, however not able to locate any Toronto / Ontario tuners on the forum. So here are some findings I gathered from a couple of recent Data Logs, for which I would welcome your comments or review

Cranking pre-start details: AFR 11.4; Ign timing 10 deg BTDC; PW 20.1; MAP 96 kpa May 31, 2015 - Reg Fuel was around 6.5 and sequential settings

Running WUE details: AFR 12.5; Ign timing 26.7 deg BTDC; PW 8.0; MAP 60 kpa TPS 0.5 % and 2,000 RPM May 31, 2015

Running details: AFR 12.9; Ign timing 32 deg BTDC; PW 3.8; MAP 42 kpa TPS 0.5 % and 1800 RPM May 31, 2015

Running details: AFR 13.3; Ign timing 18.4 deg BTDC; PW 6.0; MAP 63 kpa TPS 11 % and 1375 RPM July 30, 2015 - Reg Fuel was around 18.4 and sequential settings (the required fuel varied between some of these above logs and thus may explain why the PW varies significantly) In addition the original first start in May 31st. it would idle at 1800RPM but appeared to be running rather lean and heated up quickly. The second Start up time it wouldn't idle and ran very rich as well very rough and struggled to keep running. It currently is a pig to start and typically takes about 15 mins to get running if able to get started. (It should be noted: this is a relatively stock LS6 engine (5700 cc) with stock Injectors (260 cc) and runs an aftermarket FI pump at 50 PSI)

Data logs attached: One from July 11th (ran like a pig!) then another day it ran briefly without logging, then another log for Attempted Starts from yesterday.
Welcome review any thoughts, also do you happen to know anyone else in the GTA that maybe familiar with MS, Welcome replies from people in the know ! Cheers,

Allan
Toronto, Ontario

Vehicle is rather cool: 1974 Porsche 914 with late model Chevy LS6 engine, 24X timing input
Allan
Toronto, Canada

1974 Porsche 914 LS > corvette LS6 engine
Barton
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Desperate in Toronto - Chevy LS6 - MS3x

Post by Barton »

Hello allan, I`ve notice you have not get any help, do you have any updates? what problems are you getting right now?

I'm very far from you but maybe I can help.
Megasquirted engines: 4g63, k24a2, b16-b18, duratec, ecotec, fiat 8v-16v, modular 4.6 32v, 1fz-fe, fiat 5cil 20v, Opel corsa, G54B, VW AG, 2ZZ-GE.
https://www.facebook.com/Bartonefi
instagram: @bartonefi