Nebraska or nearby

Post here if you are seeking local tuner assistance

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Mmozer
MS/Extra Newbie

Nebraska or nearby

Post by Mmozer »

Anyone from around the nebraska area that could give a guy a hand and maybe help teach me what I'm doing exactly?

I have a ms3 gold box and a microsquirt for my 4l60e.

Assistance would be amazing.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Nebraska or nearby

Post by elutionsdesign »

Just one state between us, where in Nebraska?
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
Mmozer
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Mmozer »

West of columbus. About 2 hours south of Yankton.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

I'll have to pass, you're welcome to bring your project up here. I think Dieselgeek gets to Omaha on occasion?
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

elutionsdesign wrote:I'll have to pass, you're welcome to bring your project up here. I think Dieselgeek gets to Omaha on occasion?
He does, but the Gold boxes aren't our product.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Mmozer
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Mmozer »

Sorry Matt, (my name is Matt as well) but I was under the impression that msextra.com is a support forum for people who are using megasquirt in general. Since they are for the most part 99% the same... maybe I misunderstood...
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Dieselgeek works for DIYAutotune now. I think that's what Matt meant. You can get support for the Gold Box here on the forum since this is an official MS3 variant.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

racingmini_mtl wrote:Dieselgeek works for DIYAutotune now. I think that's what Matt meant. You can get support for the Gold Box here on the forum since this is an official MS3 variant.

Jean
That is correct - the Gold Box is supported on this forum, but it is not supported by DIYAutoTune staff (which includes Dieselgeek now).
atomic6
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by atomic6 »

Matt Cramer wrote:
racingmini_mtl wrote:Dieselgeek works for DIYAutotune now. I think that's what Matt meant. You can get support for the Gold Box here on the forum since this is an official MS3 variant.

Jean
That is correct - the Gold Box is supported on this forum, but it is not supported by DIYAutoTune staff (which includes Dieselgeek now).
Matt Cramer wrote:
elutionsdesign wrote:I'll have to pass, you're welcome to bring your project up here. I think Dieselgeek gets to Omaha on occasion?
He does, but the Gold boxes aren't our product.
I have to say I am disappointed in this answer, and attitude....

Either DIY is contributing part of the MS community or it is not.(Alot of us came to the squirt community because of this type of "Exclusivism" in the old EFI crowd.)

I hate to have to post like this, but DIYautotune's involvement in the MS community seems to be more,and more like this.

It is sad to see this activity in the MS community, nowadays..........

To the Original Poster, I am in Omaha, and am very familiar with the squirt systems, and would be willing to help you, but I don't tune for people, but I have helped many, many learn to tune, and enjoy EFI themselves.

PM me if you still need direction.
1986 G.N. (sold)
1967 Nova II wagon (sold)
ex-MSer
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Sorry if I may have put it a bit tactlessly in this thread. We still support the core MegaSquirt products on this forum, and won't ask who sold them. However, there's also been a longstanding rule in the MS community that if you create it, you support it. Whoever puts together new hardware or code has the responsibility of making sure it's adequately documented and providing the necessary support for it, and others can join in if they are willing and able - so Eric Fahlgren supported MegaTune when he created that as a better option over the PC Configurator, James and Ken support the Extra code when they forked it from the B&G code, Eric Fahlgren supported MegaTune when he created that as a better option over the PC Configurator, the RS Autosport team supported their Super 420A board while they were around, we provide the support for our MSPNP and MS3-Pro line, etc.

For proprietary MS based products from other vendors, we often aren't in a good position to support them even if you take business considerations out of the picture. Devices like the MS3 Gold do not have their schematics published, so EFI Source would be the ones who have the schematics, the testing data, and a staff familiar with supporting people running it. We wouldn't expect them to support our MS3 Pro either, for the same reasons.

One rule about support that we have had to change is that we've had a bit more pressure to put our phone number on the website. So we did, but we also realized we needed to do something to avoid being flooded with calls and needing to hire several more techs to deal with calls all the time. So we did have to institute a rule that we will support any of our products by email, but phone support is limited to the MSPNP and MS3-Pro line. It was either that or have a large across-the-board price hike.
metoo69
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by metoo69 »

Are any of you from Iowa to help tune a ms-3 pro? I need of a 5.3 turbo tuner

Thanks
Mmozer
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Mmozer »

Pm sent atomic6. I appreciate it. To the rest of you, I understand where you are coming from. It's no different than any line of work. I hate it when customers carry in tires that they bought else where for me to mount, but business is business. It's not like I'm asking for someone to help me with hp tuners.... it's all megasquirt, it's all tuner studio...

But it's whatever I guess...

Thanks again everyone. Hopefully this starts getting easier....