Looking for an in-house or remote tuner. Stafford, VA

Post here if you are seeking local tuner assistance

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Halo2prime
MS/Extra Newbie

Looking for an in-house or remote tuner. Stafford, VA

Post by Halo2prime »

I have an 87 Toyota Supra, that I have highly modified. I have put forged Wiseco pistons, eagle rods, cometic .036 MLSS head gasket, and ARP studs. She's got a 9.6:1 compression ratio and was just rebuilt and has literally 0 hours on her. I never got it running after the rebuild because of the wiring harness, and the fact that it was completely s***, so I figured that instead of wiring the old harness, why not buy megasquirt and wire that one. How hard could tuning be, I mean I built the rest of the car. LOL. It's hard.

So, I'm looking for someone to provide me with a start up map or maybe someone I could pay to come over and give me a hand with all of this. I'm pretty lost. I've gotten the CPS, CLT, and wideband 02 calibrated. I'm just scared to death to go any farther and destroy this freshly built motor.
Last edited by Halo2prime on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Florance
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Looking for an in-house or remote tuner. Stafford, VA

Post by Peter Florance »

I'm in VA Beach. Probably too busy to travel anywhere until after September 18, but can maybe provide support and certainly dyno tune if you can get it down here.
Do you need to break the cam in as well as seat rings?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Peter Florance
PF Tuning
81 BMW Euro 528i ESP Car
60-2 Wheel LS2 Coils, Low Z Inj
Co-Driver 1999 BMW E46 DSP car.
Halo2prime
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Halo2prime »

The cams don't need be broken in. They're original. But, the rings do still need to seat. The most it's ever ran was 30 seconds off the cold start injector. Before i got my MS box, none of the injectors were firing, so that's all I could get out of it.
Halo2prime
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Halo2prime »

I'm having a really hard time finding the settings I should use with my MAF sensor. I'm using a 5-wire, ls1 MAF. I'm thinking I'd like my fuel tables follow my MAF sensor and my ignition table follow my MAP. Also, I have my injectors wired in pairs, and connected to 3 channels of the ms3x card. I've included a picture of my engine and sequential settings. If you could check those out and see if I've done them correctly, that would be awesome. Thanks

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... j3jjen.jpg

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... dvo5cg.jpg
Peter Florance
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Peter Florance »

Halo2prime wrote:I'm having a really hard time finding the settings I should use with my MAF sensor. I'm using a 5-wire, ls1 MAF. I'm thinking I'd like my fuel tables follow my MAF sensor and my ignition table follow my MAP. Also, I have my injectors wired in pairs, and connected to 3 channels of the ms3x card. I've included a picture of my engine and sequential settings. If you could check those out and see if I've done them correctly, that would be awesome. Thanks

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... j3jjen.jpg

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... dvo5cg.jpg
If it were here, I'd start it in speed density to dial in mixture quickly to aid in ring seating.

Peter Florance
PF Tuning
81 BMW Euro 528i ESP Car
Halo2prime
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Halo2prime »

Gotcha. Do you have any advise for making a fuel, and ignition table for a first time start?
Peter Florance
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Peter Florance »

Usually I find a dyno curve of the motor and use something of mine that is similar.
Not a Toyota guy; what are specs of motor? 2 valve? Compression ratio?

Peter Florance
PF Tuning
81 BMW Euro 528i ESP Car
Halo2prime
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Halo2prime »

4 valves per cylinder, 6 cylinders. Cylinder bore is 84 mm and stroke is 91 mm. Compression ratio should be around 9.6:1. I built everything really tight. There's only about .008 of piston to head clearance with the .036 cometic head gasket I'm using, so I'm really scared she's going to ping and something terrible is going to happen. As of last night I got my injectors firing, but I'm not getting any spark. If I added an MSQ, would you be willing to see if I've got everything, software side, correct?

So, my multimeter isn't able to see the 5v pulse, but I disconnected my coil and changed my settings to going low and got 5v on spk1. My logs don't show any signal loss and my tooth logger is steady, so I think that's out of the equation. I don't see why I don't have spark. Maybe I bought a bad coil?
Peter Florance
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Peter Florance »

Distributor? Built in igniter?

Peter Florance
PF Tuning
81 BMW Euro 528i ESP Car