Help with microsquirt V3 setup on MS3pro with 4l80e FIXED

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

HSPTuned
MS/Extra Newbie

Help with microsquirt V3 setup on MS3pro with 4l80e FIXED

Post by HSPTuned »

I can't seem to get out of first gear with my car. I've gone over the instructions for the trans controller portion for what seems like days and I still can't find what I did wrong.
The transmission is mechanically sound as i went from a running factory OEM controller to the MS3pro and micro controllers.

anyways, Ill post up my files if anyone wants to have a gander and help me out.

I'll be in the other sections of this forum catching up on Megasquirt hardware and software information, Cheers from Houston Texas
4l80e trans stuff.msq
current MSQ file.msq
Last edited by HSPTuned on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Help with microsquirt V3 setup on MS3pro with 4l80e

Post by jsmcortina »

Could you post the MSQ from the trans controller too?

Have you tried the output test modes to manually select each gear?
You are set to hardware "Microsquirt V3" ?

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
HSPTuned
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Help with microsquirt V3 setup on MS3pro with 4l80e

Post by HSPTuned »

Oops, I thought I had posted it lol. Give me a second.

I also have Megasquirt V3 selected. I can hear all of the solenoids click but "2" I understand that is normal?
Trans tune 4l80e.msq

It also appears the issue lies with the pressure solenoid on the side of my D3 transbrake
HSPTuned
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Help with microsquirt V3 setup on MS3pro with 4l80e *FIX

Post by HSPTuned »

Fixed the issue. I got with Jake @ jakes performance as well as a good friend of mine who happened to come across this same issue with another aftermarket ECU, (Holley efi). He randomly asked me what the hold up was on my progress and I mentioned my issue. So he's pretty much like "dude, I had that issue a few months back, look at these write ups" LOL

fix was new pressure switch that comes off the 700r4 transmission and is specific to the D3 transbrake valve body. literally an $8 part.
SDCE
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Help with microsquirt V3 setup on MS3pro with 4l80e *FIX

Post by SDCE »

HSPTuned wrote:Fixed the issue. I got with Jake @ jakes performance as well as a good friend of mine who happened to come across this same issue with another aftermarket ECU, (Holley efi). He randomly asked me what the hold up was on my progress and I mentioned my issue. So he's pretty much like "dude, I had that issue a few months back, look at these write ups" LOL

fix was new pressure switch that comes off the 700r4 transmission and is specific to the D3 transbrake valve body. literally an $8 part.
Hey HSPTuned....wondering if we can bend your ear about 4L80's and microsquirt? We have 3 of these combos in different applications, and all do weird stuff.
First, we just dealt with a similar issue that you mention above...Customer's 70 Nova... had issues with the pressure switch. Jakes sent us a new one and we swapped it out but not before the customer decided to switch from auto to manual mode and he kept driving the car until his follow up appointment with us...his tranny is now out to be gone thru. :shock: This tranny had issues with shifting into 2nd gear...push shifter at 4500rpm's, didn't shift into 2nd until 7500 rpm's...

Questions...do you notice any issues with 1-2 shifts? Specifically how long they take? Do you need to command the shift 1000-1500rpm's earlier to get it to happen when it's supposed to? We had another 4L80 with a microsquirt in a twin turbo Dodge Dakota that initially worked and then started having random issues with shifting into second gear, similar to Nova.

Now we have a 77 Camaro that we just started tuning on our dyno and it's showing similar issues already...only have a handful of pulls on this one. It is a 4L60 trans. This one is doing even weirder stuff. The 1-2 shift is very slow. And it shifts into 3rd 30mph sooner than what is commanded. The data record is showing the controller is actually commanding the shift 30 mph earlier than commanded. The rpm shift is turned off and it's set at 7000rpm's, so don't think that's a contributing factor. Any ideas??

The Nova mentioned above

Wondering i