anyone running the toyota A340E transmission with success

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Motoren
Helpful MS/Extra'er

anyone running the toyota A340E transmission with success

Post by Motoren »

Hi :)

Im trying to find a controller for my A340E transmission and i have tried the PCS TCM2800 with no success, its shifting fine but it is unable to raise the linepressure vs TPS and the lockup is not clamping as hard as it should, i have spend 2 month trying to get it to work and no luck.

I can see that the microsquirt together with the HSD-4 driver should work.

I have checked the tune software, and i have a few questions.

Im not able to do anything with the acculator pressure?
and i have a shifter from a bmw where i can set it in manual mode, I have three switches, 2 for up and downshift and one when it enters manual mode, can i get that to work?
and one more thing :) why are you only able to change the Y axis to maximum 200. if using MPH its fine, but you might need to be able to raise it a little when using KPH.

Kent
Kent
Supra mk3 2jz-gte
Ms3pro ultimate (installing)
Microsquirt trans control (installing)
Denmark
Motoren
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: anyone running the toyota A340E transmission with succes

Post by Motoren »

One more thing :)

Am I able to make a dyno mode ? Lock the converter in 3rd gear and rev it to rev limit? Or is that just manual mode?
Kent
Supra mk3 2jz-gte
Denmark
280GE 1JZ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 280GE 1JZ »

Hello James and Matt,

It's been very long since I posted in this forum.

and hello Kent,

I have been using MS3pro and msgpio with James transmission 1.0.1 since 2015 on my a340f with amazing result. The car have been running for thousands of kilometers like a clockwork. But my transmission don't have line pressure solenoid. but I think MS Trans controller should work fine with a line pressure solenoid. Need to make a circuit to drive the solenoid. I did once. Matt told me how to do it. I have lost the files over the years.
Motoren
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Motoren »

Thanks for your reply :) I was too scarred to try it out because I haven't got a reply on this thread and I couldn't really find anyone using it on the A340E transmission.

I was lucky enough to find an old TCM-2000 from PCS that I have used before to drive the supra transmission.

Still going to put on the ms3pro ultimate on the 2jz :)

Best regards
Kent
Kent
Supra mk3 2jz-gte
Denmark
devojet
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by devojet »

My car has been on the road for over 4 years and done over 20,000klms with msgpio and the trans firmware. Started with MS2 for the engine then upgraded to MS3.

For dyno I just used manual mode. You could probably use test mode to lock it in gear and lock TC but I dont think it is recommended.
26 Chev hotrod with a 1UZFE and MS3x, Flex fuel, GPIO Transmission control and LCDash.
Twin turbo LS3 powered Race boat with MS3pro and GPIO.
MS2 on a 22r in a Hilux (mates car).
MS2extra on a turbo EF Falcon (brothers car).
Toyota Supra 1jz MS2extra, COP.
13B Turbo MS2extra.
Motoren
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Motoren »

I’m back into looking at microsquirt transmission controller.

I have the tcm 2000 that I know will work. But it’s very tempting to use the microsquirt so I can log everything in one file. And I can use canbus between my ms3pro and microsquirt.

The concern I have with the microsquirt is that I can’t seem to find anyone using the microsquirt+highside driver to run the A340E supra transmission.

It seems like everyone is using ms2 and gpio board ? And megashift firmware

Kent
Kent
Supra mk3 2jz-gte
Denmark
280GE 1JZ
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 280GE 1JZ »

Motoren wrote:I’m back into looking at microsquirt transmission controller.

I have the tcm 2000 that I know will work. But it’s very tempting to use the microsquirt so I can log everything in one file. And I can use canbus between my ms3pro and microsquirt.

The concern I have with the microsquirt is that I can’t seem to find anyone using the microsquirt+highside driver to run the A340E supra transmission.

It seems like everyone is using ms2 and gpio board ? And megashift firmware

Kent
Hello Kent,

Eventhough I'm using GPIO I still made 3 hogh side drivers to drive the solenoids. I made the VTEC driver from this forum too. For the shift selector I made a series of diodes to create the logic input for GPIO.

I was using megashift firmware before James made the trans firmware but I always got the GPIO hang which I have to stop and restart the car to reset GPIO. Using James firmware solved all the problem. The only downside of James firmware that it doesn't have the gear display feature like Megashift. Would be a great feature to add if can. But James firmware shift tables are much easier to tune.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk
shocktower
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by shocktower »

I have been using the MS3 for my stand alone, for my A343F which is pretty much the same , I could share my tune, I am using it for a diesel FZJ80 .
EnergeticMotorsports
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by EnergeticMotorsports »

i have 1 a340f working with it and i daily drive it. i have since intalled 4 more of these on a340f and have a range board that has made it conversion easier. got diagrams built and connectors. i plan to install more of these as well. i have installed and used at least 30 of pcs 2000s so trans tuning is something im used to.. james code is pretty good for its use. i like how it is getting better. i daily this so i definitely recommend it.