GPIO documentation conflicts?

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

GPIO documentation conflicts?

Post by Philip Lochner »

1) Confilct?
The transcontrol manual states as follows:
4.2 Microsquirt V1, V2, MS2, GPIO trans wiring
Wiring and customisation for these alternative hardware platforms is covered in the supplementary manual.
The supplementary manual states as follows (on page 10):
The required internal customisation is beyond the scope of this document.
2) Also, which document should be consulted for the "required internal customisation"?

I came upon the above trying to make sense of why my GPIO gets so hot.

3) Differences in circuits used
I also found that TransControl requires different circuits from MShift to be usedin the following instances:
MSHIFT:
Selector A (In 1) = EGT4
3-2 Solenoid C = PWM4
2-3 Solenoid B = VB4

TransControl:
Selector A (In 1) = GPI1
3-2 Solenoid C = GPO2
2-3 Solenoid B = GPO1

Just wondering if there was a specific reason for these differences (and if this might relate to my heat issue)
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: GPIO documentation conflicts?

Post by jsmcortina »

The code is supposed to use the same inputs and outputs. Have there been any changes over time or has the code always used the wrong pins?

While the GPIO hardware is intended to be supported, Microsquirt is the preferred platform.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: GPIO documentation conflicts?

Post by Philip Lochner »

jsmcortina wrote:The code is supposed to use the same inputs and outputs.

1) Have there been any changes over time or has the code always used the wrong pins?

2) While the GPIO hardware is intended to be supported, Microsquirt is the preferred platform.
1) I truly don't know James. I've just picked up these things having taken a very good look at the documentation today and yesterday trying to find out why my GPIO gets so hot.

2) I understand but did not know this when I set out with my 4L60e project. Now I have the GPIO I must make it work and if uSquirt can do the job then SURELY GPIO must also be capable of doing the job?

Have now built a second GPIO (belongs to a friend, also 4L60e) same as first - just to see if this one also gets hot.
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)