4t40e wiring questions

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

gmto2nr
MS/Extra Newbie

4t40e wiring questions

Post by gmto2nr »

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum and excited to use my set up. I have a Microsquirt that I am using to control the 4t40e trans but have a few questions..

1. EPC solenoid - this on the MS is pin 10, my pressure solenoid has a high and low wire in the trans for this in the 20 pin connector for pos and neg and I think it is PWM, I hook the MS to the high or + wire on the trans side, what controls the negative side and PWM?

2. The notes indicate that the 4t40e is supported and only inputs B & C are used.. are these the selector inputs?

3.My engine will be high boost, can I use TPS and MAP for the trans controller? Benefit or no?

I know there are a few on here that have hooked to this trans and I would like feedback on this as I am close and have most everything pinned except the concerns above.

Thanks guys!!

* Mike at EFI source loaded the file for the 4t40e on the controller, if others have set up configs that would make it easier I would appreciate it! No file currently available..
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 4t40e wiring questions

Post by prof315 »

1. EPC solenoid- the high or + wire gets 12V the low or - is connected to the MS The solenoid is PWM controlled through the ground side.

2. correct you only use the B & C selector inputs

3. You need to have TPS or MAP as a minimum for load. MAP may suit you best as you are going to run boost, but having both won't hurt
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
gmto2nr
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gmto2nr »

For sake of documenting this.. in case someone else runs across this I have a few more questions..
Question #1

For using B and C selector inputs.. so
selector B on the trans side goes to pin 12 on the Megasquirt ( selector pos A )
selector C on the trans side goes to pin 11 on the Megasquirt ( selector pos B )
Correct?

Question #2

Using a switched 12 volt distribution block should work to power the 1-2,2-3 and pressure solenoid and TCC solenoid, correct?

Question #3

Will I require a pull up resistor or shunt on the VR signal for this application?

Question #4

Solenoid A on the Megasquirt goes to 1-2 shift solenoid
Solenoid B on the Megasquirt goes to the 2-3 shift solenoid

Correct?

Thanks for all the help! May write a tutorial and wiring diagram for this trans as I know a few people that would run it.
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

gmto2nr wrote:For sake of documenting this.. in case someone else runs across this I have a few more questions..

Thanks for all the help! May write a tutorial and wiring diagram for this trans as I know a few people that would run it.
Just post it all up here and when verified James can add it to the docs. He keeps them up to date as possible.
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/
gmto2nr
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gmto2nr »

Will do!

Got a spread sheet built already, just the last of the questions! :)
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

gmto2nr wrote:For sake of documenting this.. in case someone else runs across this I have a few more questions..
Question #1

For using B and C selector inputs.. so
selector B on the trans side goes to pin 12 on the Megasquirt ( selector pos A )
selector C on the trans side goes to pin 11 on the Megasquirt ( selector pos B )
Correct? Yes

Question #2

Using a switched 12 volt distribution block should work to power the 1-2,2-3 and pressure solenoid and TCC solenoid, correct? Yes

Question #3

Will I require a pull up resistor or shunt on the VR signal for this application? Use a shunt if you are running a V3.0 Microsquirt otherwise nothing

Question #4

Solenoid A on the Megasquirt goes to 1-2 shift solenoid
Solenoid B on the Megasquirt goes to the 2-3 shift solenoid

Correct? Yes

Support the developers!
gmto2nr
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gmto2nr »

Thanks for the help.

Did you ever get the trans temp to read correctly?
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

Yes I did, I was on the wrong wire coming from the trans initially.
Support the developers!
gmto2nr
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gmto2nr »

Thanks, I will let you know if I have any other questions..

I will work on the write up and pin outs for others and submit after it is working correctly.