Transmission not shifting. *solved

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Turbofreakdotcom
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Transmission not shifting

Post by Turbofreakdotcom »

I will try to help if I can. I may have missed it, what transmission are you running? I noticed the 2J engine, is it an A341 or A340?

EDIT* just saw 4l80e in the post.
Updated 6/20/18:
87 Supra-3.0 1.5JZ-A340 trans
MS2 ECU
MS2 Trans controller
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

This is for my LS powered 240z

So this is where I'm at. Since the tranny wants to see open or high voltage or grounded, tomorrow I'm going to drive the car till it faults again. Then depending on 4th gear postion status ill start with pin A and cut it and leave it open or ground it. Do that for all pins till either it's fixed in TS or the problem still exists. This will lead me to the tranny or controller as being the sole problem

Working with my tranny guy who supplied the electronic D3 trans brake, as per instructions, Pin A wire gets cut and moved to a new pressure switch tapped into the valve body. He is sending a new switch out for me to install. So I'm really anxious to see if by cutting and doing some external with pin A solves my issues and then I know it's the add on pressure sensor
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Problem pretty much solved. I was able to cut the A wire while driving that Gos to the external valve body pressure switch and it went back to gear 4 and drive perfect on the way home So dropping the pan tonight and and replacing that switch and will report back tomorrow
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Transmission not shifting. *solved

Post by nathaninwa »

New pressure switch installed and all is good