Transmision shifting behaviour in race mode

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Transmision shifting behaviour in race mode

Post by nathaninwa »

check the logs out. I have race mode enabled, and shift points in the 6000 area the 1-2 shift seems ok, but the 2-3 shift is really short and doesn't make it to the rpm point, and I'm also asking for the converter to lock up 2.25 seconds after the shift in 3rd and no lockup is commanded in the 1/4 mile, but in the 1/8th mile run I have 1 second commanded and the converter locked up. I have had the converter lock up in the 2.5 second zone once before in the 1/4 with no problems

But I have a log where it all seems to work good.

Plus in the log, youll see a tps dip, biut I don't lift as evident of in car video

Maybe the early shift in the 1/4 mile is from the tps dip below the race mode rpm shift point, but its back on throttle again while its early

I also see in the 1/8th mile run that the 1-2 shift is early from a tps dip. It's more instant they the 2-3 shift in the 1/4 mile run. What can I do to stop the spike like that, can the race programming be changed to be latched in for a short duration so a false upshift doesn't happen early?

Edit, or a way to lock in rpm based upshifting? If we could use a value of less than 50% for race mode, that might be ideal as I'm not sure what the cause is for the quick dip in tps, it's only present when I'm under power
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control