Trans Cooler Control

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

tylerself1
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Trans Cooler Control

Post by tylerself1 »

Thank you ashford! I'll try it later today and make sure it works.
LSXCutty
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by LSXCutty »

Ok I forgot to tell you one other thing to setup
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

LSXCutty wrote:Ok I forgot to tell you one other thing to setup

So are you saying you have the above and you also have what you posted before?

If so, you are not configuring things correctly but actually creating a conflict (which should generate an error message but that would be rather complex to check all the possible wrong combinations). In what you posted initially, you are saying that the MS3 will receive data that is sent using a standard CAN message. And in what you posted today, you are telling the MS3 to poll a CAN device using the Megasquirt CAN protocol.

Those are 2 completely different and incompatible methods of getting CAN data. In your case, the CAN receiving is actually not doing anything because the trans controller is not sending standard CAN messages (which is why James was asking his questions and posting what he did). The actual data is received from what you posted today and, luckily, there is no other CAN device on your bus to conflict with that from your other settings.

Also, I have not checked to see if what you're polling is actually the data you want to get and I'm not familiar with the trans code to know if that is correct without checking the ini file. So you will need to get confirmation that this is actually correct from someone who does know. And I suggest you read the manual if you need more information to understand what I said above.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
tylerself1
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by tylerself1 »

Ok, just checked to see if ashford's msq worked. It works perfect. Thank you!!!
pac1085
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by pac1085 »

tylerself1 wrote:Ok, just checked to see if ashford's msq worked. It works perfect. Thank you!!!
Really? I can't get it working.

This would be a great feature to add. I thought it was possible and was about to set it up until I found this thread. I guess I will have to wire the fans always on for now.
Current:
1995 Firebird Formula 5.3 LM7 Engine / 4L80E with MS3/MS3X 1.3.2 and Microsquirt Transmission Controller

Past:
1997 Audi A4 2.0TQM
MS3/MS3X
tylerself1
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by tylerself1 »

Post your msq up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk