Help with VSS (A341 SC400)

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Harreh
MS/Extra Newbie

Help with VSS (A341 SC400)

Post by Harreh »

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of installing one of these in to an SC400/Toyota soarer.

The car has an Adaptronic 440 select standalone ECU running the engine and I'm using the megasquirt in standalone mode for the transcontrol. I have worked out RPM and Shift pattern wiring already.

I'm stuck on the VSS wiring, (attatched is the factory wiring) the signal comes out of the VSS and into the dash which cleans up the signall and passes it over to the factory ECU. I Currently have this signal spliced into my adaptronic and working well. However it appears that it will not function this way using the Microsquirt 3 board.

I'm struggling to understand how to wire this one, I believe I can do it in parallel which is essential for my dash to continue working.

If you guys could help out it would be hugely appreciated
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (15.74 KiB) Viewed 990 times
EnergeticMotorsports
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Help with VSS (A341 SC400)

Post by EnergeticMotorsports »

So that diagram is a digitll square wave type hall sensor . most a340 trans us a vr signal. do you have a log of issue
EnergeticMotorsports
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Help with VSS (A341 SC400)

Post by EnergeticMotorsports »

Ok so that sensor in the diagram is for the dash that makes a 0-5 volt analog signal not a square wave there should be a 2 wire speed single that is vr type sensor ive found it works great and it same sensor on about 3000 variants of the a340 series trans lol . Man ive seen like 6 different range sensors on the a340 trans pretty interesting.