Trans control release pre-1.0.2 beta3

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

kikkegek
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Trans control release pre-1.0.2 beta3

Post by kikkegek »

jsmcortina wrote:I checked this out. For Microsquirt V3 hardware setting the code wasn't reading the analogue input. Fixed for next beta.

James
awesome. Would be great to be able to rely on this for engine temp in Shadow Dash or simlar app.
my project page, BBC 454 with LPG vapour injection:
my BBC 454 LPG vapour injection tuning story 8)

my Facebook projectpage:
My 1977 GMC C15 Suburban "Storm" 8)
kikkegek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kikkegek »

what is the ETA for the next BETA release of the firmware?

and will it include:
- engine temperature reading?

and?
- correct MAP control of lockup?
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 38&t=68038

my Facebook projectpage:
sgilbert1967
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by sgilbert1967 »

Firstly thanks for continuing to develop firmwares I like some of the new features I've purposely left the original firmware on as I polished my tune and new trans to eliminate variables....I can't find a read me for the new features I have a few questions

1. The delay before retard is applied does that field also work on my tables I have set oer gear? I apply timing per gear with a procharger in limited traction scenarios ( 4l80e) so say in first gear its 15 degrees then 2nd gear it's 23 degrees....well engine acceleration in first might make me set say 5700rpm for a shift point to get a real mechanical shift of 6500 and less spread as I go through gears...well using timing per gear the TCU commands second and applies that 2nd gear 23 degrees from the 5700rpm of the commanded shift on the other the actual 6500 shift...will that pre delay retard apply to that table as well so that I can delay the timing increase till it's actually mechanically shifted ?
2. Delay after I assume is for spinning or slow shifts so it don't just run on through gears but I'm curious about the WOT delay in basic settings don't understand it.....

I also can't seem to absorb how I should set my down shifts to kick down easier with less throttle , closer or further away from upshifts ?
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

sgilbert1967 wrote:Firstly thanks for continuing to develop firmwares I like some of the new features I've purposely left the original firmware on as I polished my tune and new trans to eliminate variables....I can't find a read me for the new features I have a few questions

1. The delay before retard is applied does that field also work on my tables I have set oer gear? I apply timing per gear with a procharger in limited traction scenarios ( 4l80e) so say in first gear its 15 degrees then 2nd gear it's 23 degrees....well engine acceleration in first might make me set say 5700rpm for a shift point to get a real mechanical shift of 6500 and less spread as I go through gears...well using timing per gear the TCU commands second and applies that 2nd gear 23 degrees from the 5700rpm of the commanded shift on the other the actual 6500 shift...will that pre delay retard apply to that table as well so that I can delay the timing increase till it's actually mechanically shifted ?
2. Delay after I assume is for spinning or slow shifts so it don't just run on through gears but I'm curious about the WOT delay in basic settings don't understand it.....

I also can't seem to absorb how I should set my down shifts to kick down easier with less throttle , closer or further away from upshifts ?
its hard to explain without a visual. the 3rd picture in this post explains this mostly http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 68#p505568

pre time is the amount of time from commanded to when the shift starts, nothing is done in this time

post time is the time it takes to complete the shift, ie the duration while the rpm is dropping, this is the ideal time to do torque reduction(timing retard), so as to reduce power while things are slipping. at the end of this timer is when "gear" is changed so the engine computer gets an accurate gear for boost by gear, slip calcs etc.

a heads up though the fields for the gear times are off. the 1-2 is pre 3 and 2-3 is pre4
sgilbert1967
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by sgilbert1967 »

Ok in sorry for being dense but just to be clear ....
The pretime is the time anticipated from an actual commanded shift to mechanical manifestation of that shift and nothing is done in programing period till after this time ? Or is it saying I'm set to 5900 across the board delay the shift command .500 seconds so it's actually 6500 when I start shift....

Secondly the post timing is telling programming they my trans takes approximately .750 seconds from actual commanded shift time to mechanical realization so apply NO table or programming metric till after this( unless it's a timing retard where you attempting to do save the trans ECT ) and it seems like to me this setting also keeps it from giving it another gear to soon....in my car say I blow them loose since I have a lower 1st gear than 2nd and 3rd if I set this time to zero it will just immediately shift spinning on through the gears hehe....it's delaying the next shift by this amount .....

Now I'm wondering since you say the timings are wrong per gear the RPM is as well? Because that would explain some of the unusual behavior I'm seeing like way to much RPM spread between 1st and 2nd gear than previously ?

All I want is to set whatever field mainly in 1st that I have to set to delay it giving my per gear timing increase to turn engine ( later for boost as well ) so that when I set 5900 for 1-2 shift point it doesn't apply 2nd gears timing for the 600-700rpm it actually takes from programming to mechanical realization....because it's knocking my tires off when it does....I just want to delay the per gear timing increase table to say .750 after the TCU correctly initiates the shift at 5900....aka just slightly past the real mechanical shift and reduction in mechanical advantage that allows more timing....
I'm basically using it as a psuedo traction control ....
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

sgilbert1967 wrote:Ok in sorry for being dense but just to be clear ....
The pretime is the time anticipated from an actual commanded shift to mechanical manifestation of that shift and nothing is done in programing period till after this time ? Or is it saying I'm set to 5900 across the board delay the shift command .500 seconds so it's actually 6500 when I start shift....

Secondly the post timing is telling programming they my trans takes approximately .750 seconds from actual commanded shift time to mechanical realization so apply NO table or programming metric till after this( unless it's a timing retard where you attempting to do save the trans ECT ) and it seems like to me this setting also keeps it from giving it another gear to soon....in my car say I blow them loose since I have a lower 1st gear than 2nd and 3rd if I set this time to zero it will just immediately shift spinning on through the gears hehe....it's delaying the next shift by this amount .....

Now I'm wondering since you say the timings are wrong per gear the RPM is as well? Because that would explain some of the unusual behavior I'm seeing like way to much RPM spread between 1st and 2nd gear than previously ?

All I want is to set whatever field mainly in 1st that I have to set to delay it giving my per gear timing increase to turn engine ( later for boost as well ) so that when I set 5900 for 1-2 shift point it doesn't apply 2nd gears timing for the 600-700rpm it actually takes from programming to mechanical realization....because it's knocking my tires off when it does....I just want to delay the per gear timing increase table to say .750 after the TCU correctly initiates the shift at 5900....aka just slightly past the real mechanical shift and reduction in mechanical advantage that allows more timing....
I'm basically using it as a psuedo traction control ....
pretime is the time between commanded and when the trans actually starts to do something. basically the electro/hydraulic delay. post time it the mechanical delay time. the updated delays don't change your shift points, what it changes is what happens inbetween.

1. torque reduction by timing retard is placed on the post delay window, before it just happened the whole time and for too long if if the delay was set accurately.
2. gear broadcasting changes after both delays, before it would broadcast what gear is comanded and this would result in boost by gear( for example) hapening to early and having higher boost during a shift, same for timing by gear.
3. have different delays for each shift event
sgilbert1967
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by sgilbert1967 »

The broadcasting of the gear is what I was getting...programming would show and initiate everything at the rpm shift point....vs real shift in my case depending on boost that could be a 700rpm spread ...
The 4l80e electro hydraulic is notoriously slow compared to some others so.....
I guess I need to read my log and see how long from what that gears commanded shift RPM is and reaches to when it drops to lowest RPM recovery happens on that shift and thats my full delay......

I don't quite understand and this makes me feel quite embarrassed why 2 are needed that time frame from shift command to real shift shouldnt it be a single delay in broadcast of indicating it's in next year and applying programming ....with the exception of PRE delay being used for timing/boost reduction...for some reason I'm understanding them backwards....

Now a previous poster said he that the delays per gear were mixed up in the .ini and I wonder if someone with a lower power car could verfiy if the per gear shift RPM are in their correct fields because to me based on historical data it seems my 2-3 is being applied to 1-2...

Thanks all I know my continued inability to absorb how the delays are meant to be leveraged to help us have more accurate programming is probably frustrating....
jamies
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by jamies »

have sent james some minor code changes as it seems reverse outputs would never be selected, for transmissions that require specific solenoid states for reverse

can someone also test / confirm that in normal automatic mode, that if you downshift via the selector, that max speed/rpm conditions are ignored?
ie I have bench tested and can select 1st gear at any speed, in automatic mode
kikkegek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kikkegek »

jamies wrote:have sent james some minor code changes as it seems reverse outputs would never be selected, for transmissions that require specific solenoid states for reverse

can someone also test / confirm that in normal automatic mode, that if you downshift via the selector, that max speed/rpm conditions are ignored?
ie I have bench tested and can select 1st gear at any speed, in automatic mode
I can help testing. I have a 4L80E and Microsquirt. So to do this test safely, would I drop the max speed/rpm conditions to a low safe level and check what? could you sent me some guidance over PM maybe? I could perform a test I think this weekend

my Facebook projectpage:
jamies
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by jamies »

ok well bench testing i can select 1st gear at any speed, and it will go into 1st gear if the rpm is low enough, ie 4th gear, 3000 rpm, 130 km/h then i can get it to go all the way into 1st gear by moving the shifter down to 1st
Attachments
2018-04-04_14.59.02.msl
(29.43 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
kikkegek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kikkegek »

its been awfully quiet as to any updates on the (beta) firmware. this last firmware update dates from oct 2017. :cry:

any ETA on new release James? 8)

my Facebook projectpage:
LSXCutty
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by LSXCutty »

I found a Bug in the latest firmware. Paddle Shifting does no longer work for me in beta3. It does inable but holds the gear and will not shift by my buttons. I went back to the last stable version and it works again. My buttons send voltage to the TPS wire.
kikkegek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kikkegek »

James or other admin?

Any ETA on an update of the BETA?

I'd love to log my engine temp. If BETA is not coming out any time soon. Is there another way with current firmware to read/log engine temp?

my Facebook projectpage:
64bit
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 64bit »

4R70W Analog OD Enable/Disable is broken still. Any chance itll get updated?
1994 Mustang Cobra
351w Turbo w/MS3 GoldBox xTra
4R70W Analog w/ Microsquirt TCU
LSXCutty
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by LSXCutty »

Ya I was wondering about an update myself. I'd like to try out the new features but the Paddle shifting has killed this beta for me. As I have a Column shift car and use paddle shifting a lot.
Turbofreakdotcom
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Turbofreakdotcom »

Just ran across this! Thank you for the continued work on the trans side. I've been pushing the Microsquirt trans control to the Toyota/Lexus guys since I'm please with mine. If I wasn't working out some kinks on 01 Lexus A340 install I would test this.
Do these changes affect A340 selection as well or mainly 4Lx0e GM series?
Updated 6/20/18:
87 Supra-3.0 1.5JZ-A340 trans
MS2 ECU
MS2 Trans controller
stanglx2002
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by stanglx2002 »

LSXCutty wrote:Ya I was wondering about an update myself. I'd like to try out the new features but the Paddle shifting has killed this beta for me. As I have a Column shift car and use paddle shifting a lot.
I am interested in an update on the paddle shifting as well. Im installing a 4R70W transmission this year and will be using the paddle shifters.