Can we do tcc lockup and unlock like this .

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

EnergeticMotorsports
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Can we do tcc lockup and unlock like this .

Post by EnergeticMotorsports »

Can we have tcc lockup and unlock tables like in the provided image. I modified the ini file for an example. I can see having a table as well will help refinement of the auto transmission I use lockup under load as well. And also for engine braking on decel. I know this may not be conventional but it works great. Thank you it is just an idea

A second idea would be cool option for rock crawler's and off road vehicle would be to have a hill decent mode that locks to convertor until 2 mph or below to give good engine braking going down hill using a user input to turn mode on.
Attachments
received_10211769852943377.png
received_10211769852943377.png (128.85 KiB) Viewed 1907 times
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Can we do tcc lockup and unlock like this .

Post by ol boy »

I did similar on my own trans controller. It's less clunky having a on and off slope/curve than a handful of or'ed variables. I do have a min TPS and speed for lock and unlock for 2nd gear to skip locking the converter on a panic stop and stalling the engine.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
EnergeticMotorsports
Helpful MS/Extra'er

yes I think that is necessary but I know that it really works well and runs amazing. I think this could replace current race mode. keep the other settings if needed.
SAPerformance
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by SAPerformance »

BUMP!
I agree 100%. I just got done taking a car on it's first road test with the microsquirt trans controller, and it REALLY needs a 2 axis lock/unlock table. While the shifts all seem fine, the TCC leaves a lot to be desired. Light, moderate, and heavy throttle (and everything in between) all need different lock speeds, not just normal and race mode.
64bit
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 64bit »

I deleted my post to bump this.

The functionality would be great if we could define curves for TCC lockup. A single point lockup and no way to unlock without a brake depress or closed throttle isnt really sufficient.

Programmable curves really need to be implemented.
1994 Mustang Cobra
351w Turbo w/MS3 GoldBox xTra
4R70W Analog w/ Microsquirt TCU
64bit
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 64bit »

I really have no idea how to implement the code, but ive got the tunerstudio setup nailed
Attachments
tunerstudio trans lockup control.jpg
tunerstudio trans lockup control.jpg (204.46 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
1994 Mustang Cobra
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ol boy »

What's your thought on a simple 2 point line? MPH on the x axis and tps(engine load) on the y. You set your min speed at closed throttle and max speed at wot. You could then set a hystersis for an unlock threshold.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
64bit
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 64bit »

ol boy wrote:What's your thought on a simple 2 point line? MPH on the x axis and tps(engine load) on the y. You set your min speed at closed throttle and max speed at wot. You could then set a hystersis for an unlock threshold.
Everything that I have hoped to attain with this controller, was to mimic the stock level of control as much as possible. For me, L/U didn't work because of a component incompatibility. I have since remedied that issue, but now im seeing just how insufficient the current TCC control is. My thought is that the logic can be coded very similarly to the shift control logic, in that you would reference a gear, a TPS or MAP load, and a vehicle speed. see if you are higher or lower than the requested value in the table, and lock/unlock accordingly.

Of course, some of my issues will improve if I install a relay and wire in the brake switch control and use that for unlocking instead of being below 3% throttle.

Aside from that, it is indeed working... just in a less than desirable manner.
1994 Mustang Cobra
EnergeticMotorsports
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Yep the per gear method would be amazing really believe it or not this method would out perform current lock control methods
:D :D :D