wiring OD cancel switch for 4r70w????

'Microsquirt' Transmission Control development and support.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

SAPerformance
MS/Extra Newbie

wiring OD cancel switch for 4r70w????

Post by SAPerformance »

I'm wiring up a microsquirt to a 4r70w and I can't figure out where to tie in the OD cancel switch. The trans control manual states the the 4r70 with a digital range sensor only uses TR1, TR2 & TR4, but the factory wiring diagram shows to have TR3 being used as well. So with TR1-4 [selector input A-D] being wired into the range sensor, where does the cancel switch end up? I feel like I've searched up and down these threads over and over without finding a clean cut answer.

*EDIT* - I currently have it wired as the manual suggests:
Shift selector A - TR1
Shift selector B - TR2
Shift selector C - TR4

The manual makes no mention of the OD switch, so I have it wired to the pink O2 [Shift Selector D (OD)] circuit.

Is this correct?
Last edited by SAPerformance on Thu May 17, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ummduh
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: wiring OD cancel switch for 4r70w????

Post by ummduh »

Any movement on this?

From what I've found in the MS manual, in the e4od section that is what it says, OD cancel switch to "Solenoid D", but I've also found that this has to be a switch to GROUND signal. Simple enough to rewire the switch.

I have not yet found what wire is the output to the O/D cancel light though. (switched ground)

Also, the manual states TR4 goes to "Selector Pos C"; not TR3. Says TR3(a) is not used?

edit:

"ALED" YEL/BLK Solenoid D is supposed to be the switched ground for the O/D Cancel light

"O2" PNK Selector Position D is supposed to be switched ground FROM OD Cancel button

per

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... cel+switch