remember a thread?

Do you need some help in using the forums? Any questions about using the forums can be asked here.
Contact a: System Administrator

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mbohn
Experienced MS/Extra'er

remember a thread?

Post by mbohn »

It would be pretty cool to be able to flag a thread as a "favorite" or something similar. The list would stay in your profile area. As an example, buried deep in the bowels of the "..Lycoming..." thread is a link to another thread on baro correction. I'll be interested in that in a few months but there is no chance I'll find it then.

(Please don't suggest yellow stickies on my computer!)

Mark
efahl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by efahl »

Mark,

I use lavender post-its...

The "t=nnn" and "p=nnn" numbers are static, so once a thread has been created, it should be at the same URL forever. So, once you've found something, you can bookmark it and go back there directly whenever you like.

For example, this link should come back to the top of this thread every time:

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=11233

Eric
mbohn
Experienced MS/Extra'er

favorites

Post by mbohn »

lance wrote:Mark,

This forum isn't intended as a substitute for documentation. Posts and threads have and will be lost, and no-one should assume any information on here is permanent. I don't see this as a huge problem, though, as most of the info is easily 'recreatable', in the manual already, or of very limited use.

What I suggest you do is start a document and 'cut and paste' any relevant info you find into it. Then it becomes a personalized reference manual.

For example, I'm doing this right now on piston oil coolers/squirters. Everytime I find something on the web that applies, I stick it in that file (usually with a link to the original) then I can find it easily for reference in the future.

Lance.
What I had in mind is available on other forums. When viewing a thread, you can click on "favorites" and you get the following graphic.

But I guess if phpBB can't do it, it can't do it.
510rob
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 510rob »

I am in the habit of saving the relevant threads to my own hard drive because there is too much good info here that ends up taking way too long to try and relocate = save it on your local drive, and label it with something appropriate!

file, save page as, ...
78Spit1500Fed
MS/Extra Guru

Post by 78Spit1500Fed »

If you're using IE4 or greater you can change the file type to "Web Archive, single file" (.mht) and it's nice and clean. 1 file, all images and links embedded.

Firefox/mozilla may do the same thing. I think Safari does too.

-Brian