Get RUnning w/Microsquirt V3 with MSextra

Do you need some help in using the forums? Any questions about using the forums can be asked here.
Contact a: System Administrator

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

presbychuck
MS/Extra Newbie

Get RUnning w/Microsquirt V3 with MSextra

Post by presbychuck »

Finally hooked up Memorial Day 2015 first file_2015-05-30_15.41.16.msq
I know that sounds pathetic (and this isn't even my first MS project. I've had two other Kaw successes with the earlier µs and code) but it's true I'm failing miserably. So what I suspected was going to be easier is proving a challenge. Not sure what I'm missing, but my basic set up is this.
ZZR1200 Kawasaki engine with stock Kawasaki VR sensor and 24-2 trigger wheel.
The wheel and pickup gave a good signal on the homemade bench, but I'm not getting 5v from the µs.
Beyond the ECU I am using a wasted COP config with a Bosch 211 igniter that's heat-sinked and wired per the manual. Coils are some Kawasaki that measure 1.6Ω. I thought I would wire the coil's wasted pairs in series where they have 3.1 Ω resistance. I know folks shouldn't wire coils in series, but I know of hundreds that do this with the stock igniter since it requires 3Ω coils and it works quite well in those instances.
I have Waverruner throttle bodies and TPS sensor, the GM CLT, IAT, and 3 Bar MAP from DIYAutotune and four 440cc high Z injectors.
Innovate LC1 and Bosch sensor.
It is a turbo setup.

If I could find a spark I think I'd be golden, but I'm missing something somewhere. I think my hardware is all OK. Now that it's on the bike, just cranking and measuring voltage off the pickup I get +/- 0.9V

Logging gets me a half second of RPM (around 200) and then that's gone. Please help me. I've read for days until I am about to have a brain bleed. LOL
presbychuck
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Get RUnning w/Microsquirt V3 with MSextra

Post by presbychuck »

Here's a picture of the VR 24-2 M-N setup.
Crank trigger scheme small.jpg
presbychuck
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by presbychuck »

OK, no one new has even looked at this the last day. It's most likely in an inappropriate location anyway. :oops:
But since no one has responded at all, I think my only option is to abandon the Extra code for now and try to get something going with the standard code even though it's not what I want in the end. I need this thing running ASAP.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Blessings,
chuck
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

This is in the location for questions about the forum itself.

By not getting 5 volts, do you mean that there is no voltage at VREF? If not, where did you measure?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
presbychuck
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by presbychuck »

MATT!
I was just about to send you an email. Thanks for responding.

I measured on the ignition out looking for the 0,5v logic signal.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

That is only a valid test if your multimeter has a peak mode or if you used an oscilloscope. Can it fire the spark in output test mode?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
presbychuck
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by presbychuck »

I'm thinking not since I get no injector output either, but I'll give it a shot as soon as I get home in a bit.

Thanks again Matt.
presbychuck
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by presbychuck »

Reversing the VR polarity fixed it up. Thanks again for the help.
chuck