camshaft sensor and trigger wheel

Do you need some help in using the forums? Any questions about using the forums can be asked here.
Contact a: System Administrator

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mb aussie
MS/Extra Newbie

camshaft sensor and trigger wheel

Post by mb aussie »

hi , i am New here and like most are searching for some answers to a problem I am having with a cam shaft sensor.I am in the process of converting my Mercedes w114 280c to mega squirt using the ms pro unit, with sequential injection and spark for my 6 cylinder Mercedes m110 motor.I am trying to figure out how to fit a cam shaft sensor to my cam shaft, though I am very unsure about the camshaft trigger Wheel, does it have six lobes or is it just one.I am hoping someone could shed some light on this problem for me.another question I have is the orientation of the lobe (lobes) to the cranshaft as it appears that the camshaft speed sensor is responsible for the sequential injection part of this operation..i would appreciate some help . thanks john
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: camshaft sensor and trigger wheel

Post by Matt Cramer »

Best to modify the distributor to have a 1 tooth wheel. You can put the one tooth anywhere except lining up the active edge with the missing tooth.

Best option is to use a 180 degree wide single tooth if possible with a Hall effect sensor; this makes it easy to use "Poll level" mode.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
mb aussie
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: camshaft sensor and trigger wheel

Post by mb aussie »

Thanks Mat for Your answer, this helps a lot.I am intending to remove the distributor drive system completely and build onto the end of the camshaft.thanks again.johnw