...connect 2 gauges 1 sensor, 0-5v linear output

Do you need some help in using the forums? Any questions about using the forums can be asked here.
Contact a: System Administrator

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

...connect 2 gauges 1 sensor, 0-5v linear output

Postby MustangMike » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:35 am

How do I...connect 2 gauges to 1 sensor, with 0-5v linear output. Doing some searching I believe this works with no issue, just wanted to make sure.
I have some honewell 0-5v linear pressure 3 wire senders for oil/fuel and gauges designed to read that output. Can I just Y the output to MS3 and the gauges and have accurate readings?
If so, the 3 wires would go to; +5vref from the MS3 Pin 26 (TPS vref), Ground to MS3 signal return ground (MS3 Pin7), and the aforementioned signal wire split to the gauges, correct?

Thanks,
Mike
MS-III 3.0, MS3x
65 Cobra Daytona FFR, Terminator 4.6 4v, TKO 600
MustangMike
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: ...connect 2 gauges 1 sensor, 0-5v linear output

Postby MustangMike » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Wow no responses, I was hoping someone had done this previously. Well i'm about 1 week from testing live on the car so I will reply when I have results. Hopefully it doesn't require building some circuit to read the voltages in parallel without skewing the readings.
MS-III 3.0, MS3x
65 Cobra Daytona FFR, Terminator 4.6 4v, TKO 600
MustangMike
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: ...connect 2 gauges 1 sensor, 0-5v linear output

Postby billr » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Oops, I let this one slide by. I figured somebody else would get it, then forgot about it as it went down on the posting list.

Yes, that should work fine, but be sure the input resistance of the two gauges is high enough to not over-load the sensor output.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Return to How Do I...