Launch control will not activate

Do you need some help in using the forums? Any questions about using the forums can be asked here.
Contact a: System Administrator

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

88foxbodyr
MS/Extra Newbie

Launch control will not activate

Post by 88foxbodyr »

I have mustang mspnp2 and I can not get the launch control to activate. I've tried with the stock clutch switch connected to pin 3 with no success. So I removed the jumper on the main board so I can use a switch I grounded the switch and connected it to pin 13 and still got nothing. Any help ?
ol boy
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Launch control will not activate

Post by ol boy »

Can you see the launch control indicator in TS go from green to red when you toggle the switch? or clear to green? I'm not sure what the PNP needs to see on the corrector input. 12V or 5 or ground to activate the function. I know internally the pin should be pulled low to ground to activate launch.

You also have to meet the conditions (TPS>50%... ect) in your settings for it to activate.
306 SBFord, Torquer II EFI intake, 60 lbs injectors, 8 LS2 coils, VS Racing 7668 turbo, 4R70W, MS3x fw1.4 w/built in trans controller.
Blown88GT
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Blown88GT »

You started this thread in a sub-forum that won't get much response.
See if you can get the Mods to move it to: MS2/Extra, MS2, Microsquirt and Microsquirt module support

Did you follow this?
http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/docs/mspnp ... &isModel=2

Launch Control

The launch control is based on a rev limiter. This is configured from the Boost/Advanced → Launch Control Control dialog. Often the best way to control this is with the stock clutch switch which opens/closes a circuit based on the clutch pedal position. Note that often this circuit also runs through the neutral safety switch on manual transmission vehicles. This means that if you turn launch control on using the stock clutch switch, it will activate when the transmission is in neutral or when you push down the clutch. So when the trans is in neutral, you'll have a launch control rev limiter. When you push in the clutch and put the trans into first gear, you'll also have a launch control rev limiter (which is when you want it) every time after you first put the car in gear and take your foot off the clutch. When you have the launch control active, the rev limits drop to the limits specified on the launch control screen, letting you rev the engine up to a fixed RPM that you can adjust. When you release the switch, the rev limit is removed and you take off nice and controlled.

I can't tell you for sure if the PNP2 for the Mustang connects pin 30 of the Ford 60-pin connector to anything inside the PNP2.
DIY doesn't provide this info on their website. http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/docs/mspnp ... ?isModel=1

I suspect it's already on pin 30, therefore,
1. Jumper Set #4 is ON (enabled). Function - OE Clutch Switch Enabled
2. Do not use the pins on the Options Port.

If this is the case, you have wired it up incorrectly. They have already done it for you inside the PNP2.
Attachments
EVTM_p031.pdf
(144.57 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
EVTM_p031.jpg
EVTM_p031.jpg (141.19 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
1988 Mustang GT, 59k miles, Orig Owner
ProCharger 600B I/C, 12psi, FRP Hdrs, Flwmstr F2, 3G Alt, Contour Fan & DCC, 3.55's, Prog Sprg, Subfms, UCA, LCA, FCA, Tokico 5's, Bridgestone RE-71R 245/40R17, Crane HI-6, Kirban FPR, MS2, DIYPNPF60, Spartan 2, C&L76mm blo-thru MAF, 47lb FRP-LU47
Blucifer302
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Blucifer302 »

very old thread but this is what my installation instructions say for my ms2pnp
Launch control / Flat Shift:
Launch control may be run with either the factory clutch switch or an external switch. If you wish to disable using the clutch switch for launch control, you will need to take the lid off and remove the Launch via Clutch Switch jumper. See
the image below (bottom of this section, section 3) for the location of all jumpers on the mainboard.
Launch control may be run with either the factory clutch switch or an external switch. If you are using an external switch for launch control, connect the pin labeled Launch Control Input connector to a switch, and connect the other side of
the switch to a chassis ground. Launch control will be active when the switch is closed.
Flat shift requires the use of the clutch switch. It enables a different rev limiter when your foot is on the clutch so you can shift while holding the throttle to the floor.

so i belive its already prewired to run off the clutch switch.