Following link causes logout

Do you need some help in using the forums? Any questions about using the forums can be asked here.
Contact a: System Administrator

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsmcortina
Site Admin

Following link causes logout

Post by jsmcortina »

I seem to be getting this problem again.

Almost every time I follow a link offsite (or something that opens a new window?) when I've closed that child window and either click Back or "MegaSquirt EFI Forum Index" I get logged out.

Having to log back in is a bit annoying, but the really maddening bit is I've then lost the list of "new posts" and there isn't a search all.

I checked my browser settings before and added msefi as a trusted site. I have "every visit to page" in the Temporary Internet Files -> Settings (because that is required by another site I visit.)

help!

James
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Forgot to say.
IE 6.0sp1 running on Win98 (first ed)

I don't think I have the problem on my other machine running Mozilla 1.0.1 running on a mix and match Linux 2.4.20 system.

James
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

That wasn't set, so I set it.
msefi.com is set as an "Always allow" site.

Every time I go to the Coil per cylinder thread and view that LTCC page I get logged out on windows computer. The Linux box is just fine.

Unfortunately I usually use my (win) laptop for MSEFI as that's where I do software devel and tuning.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious!? But I'm not sure. I think I've had it happen at work as well - that's an XP machine.

If nobody else is seeing this problem then it must be a corrupt IE6 install and I will "repair" or re-install as required.

James
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Damned windows on this laptop. I've just downloaded some datalogs Right-click, Save target As. After each of the four files I became logged out!

Very strange, very annoying.

James
78Spit1500Fed
MS/Extra Guru

Post by 78Spit1500Fed »

This used to happen on my Compaq computer... it's been a while back but it came down to a bad install and also some security settings.

I re-installed whatever version was newest for Win98 SP2 at the time (I think it's still 6) and put *msefi.* in all of the security lists. (The asterics were suggested by a friend of mine)

It worked all the time after that.

FWIW, I use Safari on my Mac now and I've never had any kind of problems with any type of surfing!

-Brian