Internal bluetooth with switch?

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

kim_gulle
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Internal bluetooth with switch?

Post by kim_gulle »

Hi everyone!

I have recently been using the HC-06 Bluetooth module with my MS1 and it works fine. Thing is though that i have to change out the BT module for the RS232 interface when i need to go serial.

I have seen some solutions where people have a switch on the outside of the box with which you can choose between serial and blueooth.

Does anyone have a schematic over how i need to do this? I have yet to find one.

Kim.
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Internal bluetooth with switch?

Post by JoseMiguel »

I assume from your question that you already know how to wire up the Bluetooth module inside the MS (if you dont look for a thread here called something like "$1 bluetooth working")

Onky different thing you have to do is wire the 5v to an external switch and then to the 5v pad. That way you can turn on and off the module. When its off, even if the module is wired, the serial interface works perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
kim_gulle
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by kim_gulle »

JoseMiguel wrote:I assume from your question that you already know how to wire up the Bluetooth module inside the MS (if you dont look for a thread here called something like "$1 bluetooth working")

Onky different thing you have to do is wire the 5v to an external switch and then to the 5v pad. That way you can turn on and off the module. When its off, even if the module is wired, the serial interface works perfectly.

So i just leave the serial interface powered at all times and only switch the Power on and off for the BT module? Even if the BT module is connected to the same RX and TX pins as the serial interface?
JoseMiguel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by JoseMiguel »

kim_gulle wrote:
JoseMiguel wrote:I assume from your question that you already know how to wire up the Bluetooth module inside the MS (if you dont look for a thread here called something like "$1 bluetooth working")

So i just leave the serial interface powered at all times and only switch the Power on and off for the BT module? Even if the BT module is connected to the same RX and TX pins as the serial interface?
yeap! thats exactly how I do it here all the time...

when the module is not powered, even if its sharing the same RX and TX pins, the cable connection works perfectly.