Starting Issues continue to plague me! Help!

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Starting Issues continue to plague me! Help!

Postby woznaldo » Wed May 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Still having issues with the car and just can't get it started so I've pulled my MS1 off the car and hooked up the Stim to see if anything untoward is happening.

I have noticed a few weird things that I can't explain. It might be my settings, but I don't think so.

1. If I adjust the CLT or MAT for a given RPM, when the Temp goes above a certain point, the PW goes to zero? If I increase the RPM, the Temp at which the PW goes to zero increases.

2. Occasionally INJ2 wasn't firing at all (couldn't get it to happen during the datalog), which was happening on the car, but all injectors are now connected to INJ1.

3. At one point and the PW wasn't changing with RPM. This happened once and not while datalogging.

In the attached datalog you can see the Temp/RPM/PW interaction, but not the other two issues?

If anyone could possibly point to a part of the board that looks after this interaction(?), that would be great. I have visually checked and can't see any dry solders, but that's not definitive.

I also have an oscilloscope if that will be useful?

Woz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trying to make my Renault 5 GT Turbo a bit more driveable and a lot more reliable!
woznaldo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Starting Issues continue to plague me! Help!

Postby woznaldo » Fri May 19, 2017 7:02 am

I reloaded the firmware using the boot loader and then sent the current tune to the ECU, but the fault remains. This sounds more like a settings issue, something in the tune? I can't seem to see anything obvious.

If I drop the RPM to 250 RPM with the Cranking RPM set at 400, so it's only using the Cranking PW, the fault still remains?
Trying to make my Renault 5 GT Turbo a bit more driveable and a lot more reliable!
woznaldo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Return to MS1/Extra support