Making MS1 pcb 3.0 work with 4age stock distributor/ignition

All Megasquirt 1 support questions. See also the Documentation

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

te51levin
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by te51levin »

Done. This is moving farther away from relevant - I was hoping to add an alternative to the stock system on a 4AGE, but at this point it's not going that way, so a new thread has been posted. Thanks!
'85 AW11 7A-GE daily - MSnS-E, v3.0
'77 TE51 2T-G dormant
Careless
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Should VAST be considered MS supported?

Post by Careless »

froej25 wrote:What is the protocol for submitting a new kind of ignition to the supported section? To put it on the list with GM HEI, EDIS, etc.? It seems that VAST is near that point. It could save people the trouble of searching for it on the forums- it was pure luck that I found that the 22R-E and 4A-GE use the same system. There's a pretty good source for Toyota information on this site: http://www.autoshop101.com, under "technical articles"; they're *.pdfs directly from Toyota, I assume used to train their mechanics. Gives a good description of what everything does, as well as changes made over the years. They're not FSMs, but in a way they're better; they're more general, and make comparisons between the systems.
i would be glad to make a guide regarding this, as im having a hell of a time trying to start an MS project (but i like it :RTFM: )
i win the internets
FoundSoul
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by FoundSoul »

Check out http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... ta_mr2.htm

I think it's covered pretty well there, but let me know if I missed anything or if there is anything I can improve--
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
Founder DIYAutoTune.com / AMPEFI.com

The DIY EFI Tuners Guide – How to Install, Configure, and Tune EFI!

Killer Products We've Brought to Life:
MS3Pro, MSPNP and MS3Pro PNP
More info on MSPNP Models
MicroSquirt AMP'd!